Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to Boo

Last Friday was Boo's 5th birthday. We literally cannot believe it has been five years since she was born and we are amazed at the little angel she has turned out to be. Our little Boo is such a kind, considerate, singing and dancing child. She is full of life and wants to share that with everyone. We are so proud of the little lady she is becoming and can't (or can... it's all going too fast) wait to spend many, many more birthdays with her. We love you Boo!

We had a fun day playing, watching Dora, going to dinner, spending time together as a family and celebrating Boo's special day. She has been looking forward to this day for a very long time and we had a great day. She had her special tiara she wore everywhere we went. It was a lovely day and not one we will soon forget. We love you Boo!

Happy 5th Birthday Baby Girl!

Boo wanted a Barbie Cake for her birthday. Even after the cake split when I put the doll in, this was the easiest cake I have made for a birthday. It wasn't the prettiest, but it was the easiest.

Her badunkadunk (there is actually an entry in Wikipedia for this... sad)

Impatiently, patiently waiting for Mommy to finish the cake.

Dinner at IHOP. I was going to make her birthday dinner (she wanted mashed potatoes, tatoes, macaroni and cheese, tatoes, and mashed potatoes with sauce), but it was too hot in our apartment so we went out to get breakfast for dinner... no one ordered breakfast.

The usual eating face.

The usual smiling face.

This is her face after we told her this was her only present. I know, we are mean, but she was still happy... even though this picture proves otherwise.

Opening Uncle Aaron's present... Chip and Dale dvd (not to be confused with a Chippendale's dvd).

Jumping with joy!

What she looks like when she realizes there is more (don't look at their dirty feet. Although, by saying that, you are going to look).

"Barbie tar!" (Poor Bo has a little difficulty with the c's)

It just keeps getting better.

I think Bo was just as excited for Boo as Boo was for herself. Of course, the novelty of that wore off once Bo realized it wasn't her birthday and she didn't get any presents. Poor girl. Thankfully, however, Boo is excellent at sharing!

What a great day!

Thinking about her wishes...

...trying to make them come true...

... now trying to get very drop of frosting off of the candles.

This is Hollywood Barbie... her shirt barely covers her and she is in the middle of some weird fat wrap while dreamily gazing at the cake she hasn't put in her mouth since she was seven.

Enjoying the a little cake and cream.

Mouth full.

My "sweathearts."

She just happened to roll upon royalty.

Oh so many good things.

What's this? Can I put it in my mouth? Is it a tasty treat?

I believe that is happiness to play.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I popped on over from MJ's blog, when I saw your comment about trashy Britney. I couldn't agree more.

So, are you cousin's with MJ and Teresa? I just met Teresa on Friday night, at a Meet and Greet. How fun that you are all bloggers!

Anyway, you have a cute family, and I just wanted to say hello.

Teresa Jordan said...

Hey - Kristina found you Megan. And if Kristina has found you, you can hook up with many fun, smart, interesting blogger women. I've had fun getting to know them.

Happy B-Day over there. I almost typed her name and then remembered that you want to stay anon. with your kids.

You are an amazing cake maker. Taylor's birthday is today and I bought a cake from Sam's Club (lame I know).

Margie is leaving for D-land tomorrow so we can both sit around being jealous of her.

Teresa Jordan said...

Oh, If you want to blogstalk some of the women I went to dinner with the other night, check my blogstalking suggestions. Leave a comment on their blog and they will come over and visit.

Whitney R said...

Love the cake! Your kids are adorable :)

Thanks for coming by my blog. Teresa was great at the meet and greet. Great family :)

MortFamily said...

Your kids are so cute. Impressive cake. I'll have to take notes for the future.

Amy and the Huskies said...

Happy Birthday!!

Wow, great cake, I am impressed! Looks like a fun Birthday! :)

U-NO-HOO said...

Mel, you're hilarious! 1) the cake looks great! 2) I wouldn't have noticed the 'dirty feet' unless you'd mentioned it and 3) thanks for explaining to the world that I sent Haidan a 'CHIP AND DALE' DVD as opposed to the other kind ;)

Thanks for the pix! I ruv it!

aaronne

Ash said...

I have a great story about Chip and Dale. I will have to tell you some time. I can't believe that little girl is 5. Wow how time flies. Before you know it, you are going to be celebrating her 16th Birthday. David better get the gun ready.

Did you make the Cake? You really are wonder women aren't you?

Kristina P. said...

I want a Barbie cake, so bad!