This has been a busy week and a half in our home. Last week, the baby had a doctor's appointment across the valley, but we were able to meet up with our lovely friends (and now family), Steph and Princess Paisley, and have a great time having lunch, talking, and playing at a mall in the play area (Steph and I loved going down the slides ;). The city had a big shindig last weekend and so we came home and were able to watch the fireworks happening across the street at the stadium. Then, on Saturday, we went to our HOA Christmas party. I couldn't get my act together so we were two hours late. It would have been a ton of fun if we had gotten there early because they had "sleigh rides" (as much as you can have on asphalt) pulled by Clydesdales, goats for petting, pictures with Santa, ornament making, food, one of those inflatable jumping things (you know what I mean), music, and a train to drive them around the playground. Since we got there so late (it went until 4 o'clock, but most of the people must have practiced daylight savings, because they were done around three). Next year it should be fun :)
She wouldn't touch the goat. I had a difficult time with it myself. I am still afraid to touch "wild" animals.
Great sun-in-my-eyes shot.Then, we headed over to the city's party. They had hot air balloons, elephant rides, another train, people dressed up as trees (scared Bo), clowns (scared me), baby kangaroos, baby mountain lions, wolf, fox, turtles, snakes, cockroaches, parrots, a couple of rides, a bunch of booths, and no "fair" like atmosphere would be complete without the food. Of course, I mistreated my girls by only getting them kettle corn. It was a fun time and a great community event. Then, we rushed home, got on some warmer clothes and headed over to a Christmas light parade. It was so cool. Apparently it started out as just a bunch of families getting together to put on a light parade (everything and everyone was lit up). It is a little more commercial now (or so I am told), but it was still a lot of fun. Afterward, we headed over to have some ice cream at an old fashion ice cream parlor. We were able to hang out with one of David's co-workers and have us some fabulous ice cream. Of course, we ate outside (because they must think us former Alaskans are tough) and the girls were convulsing with cold. It was a great time, however.
Elephants? Seriously? That's so cool. We didn't ride them, however, as Boo reminded me when we were leaving. I didn't bring any money. I am lame.

My friend gave us that shirt and Bo lived in it for three days. I finally had to grab it and run to the laundry with it. Girlfriend loves her some HSM!
A baby mountain lion. I asked the guy how he got the cat and I was expecting this long story about how they rescued the cat out of a tree or out of someone's backyard. Nope, they get excess babies from zoos and then train them to behave so they can tour around and set them up for people to gawk at without maiming them. Sad, but I too am guilty of the gawking.
I love this picture because little Bo's head looks like it is detached or she is getting the old half Nelson.The other night we decided we would write our letters to Santa. I had to calm Boo down after a little while because she basically wants Toys-r-Us (even though she has never been there). Everything had to do with Barbie. Why is she so darn popular? I mean, she doesn't even blink! I guess I would have a constant smile if everyone moved me around and took me places and I didn't have to put on make up or go to the bathroom. I guess that would make my life easier... I digress. Anyway, everything Barbie as you can see:

Bo, however, didn't even want to write anything. Apparently she is confident she is going to get what she wants. And although that doesn't surprise me, I would think she would at least want to tell him something. She is leaving it to chance, I suppose. I added his name and who it is from, just in case.

After we finished the letters, the girls and I sat around and sang Christmas carols, at the top of our lungs. We belted out Jingle Bells and Deck the Halls. Both girls were singing in their best operatic voices (me included) and gave generous applause to one another. The baby sang her little songs (you know, baby songs) and we all clapped and laughed. Bo interpretive danced while Boo sang and vise verse. There, of course, was some booty shaking from Bo, but that is a given in our house. I wish I never would have sang that song... "Shake, shake, shake... shake, shake shake, shake your booty, shake your booty." Darn 70s keep attacking!
All in all it has been a busy, crazy week. I haven't been doing well with my blog stalking and comment leaving (I even copied my friend's post earlier this week), but I will try to be better. It has been fun putting up the tree and spending time at the playground with the girls and their new little friend, Giselle from across the street. They are like three peas in a pod. It is fun times and I am enjoying life. We are well and pray you are too!














11 comments:
Well at least I know I'm cool enough to copy right?
Those parties look so fun! I wish our HOA would do something that cool. They just like to yell at each other a lot.
I am so jealous. Grass, you have grass. There is no snow in sight. Elephants? Seriously, its like you live in an alternate reality or something. Your girls are cute as always. Irelynn is almost one now, right?
Sounds like you had a really fun week. I have to admit that after the huge snowstorm we had yesterday, I was jealous of the green grass. I know everyone else has been wishing and wishing for snow, but me, not so much. Your family is just cute! Have a great holiday season.
Those Clydesdales are neat. I like the hot air balloons too. Everyone had so much fun! Next time you'll bring money, right? (I say that every time we go somewhere and then I still forget.)
It was so weird to hear the "sleigh ride" song playing on your blog and then see pics of your girls scampering across beautiful green grass in their summer clothes :0) That looked more like a 4th of July party. I am totally jealous - we got a foot of snow yesterday and I'm FREEZING! BRRRR!
What a fun party. There's nothing that says Christmas like an elephant ride.
Mel,
thanks. I can't believe how much the girls are changing! H is SO tall and A is SO cute and L has so much hair now! Wowzuhs!
The Santa letters are cute...merci buckets!
That carnival looks like so much fun!
Take care and love you all,
aaron
Hey I have been absent for a while too. How dare life go on with out US!
Your girls are seriously beautiful. Looks like you had fun. Its hard to see all the green, green grass when it is a winter wonderland outside.
Love the letters to Santa so cute and very creative children.
thank you for your nice comments to me. LOVE readiong about your not so average life.
I'm with the MortFamily - as I was looking at the pictures, I kept thinking, is this for real!?
Looks like you had a blast!
It's 8 degrees here. Which is good, because that's warmer than yesterday. :)
That is so fun, Megan. Your family is so cute. And yes, I totally understand about starting something and getting interrupted or deciding you are too tired...I've started two posts in the last few days but who knows when I'll manage to post them.
I can't believe that's December. I want to move to Arizona for the winter. That looks like fun celebration to me. You didn't even need jackets.
Post a Comment