Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks, Italian Style

We had a very non-traditional Thanksgiving this year. Since we had a Thanksgiving dinner with Grandma when she was here a few weeks ago with all of the trimmings, David and I decided not to put on the whole shindig again. Therefore, I opted for homemade pizza instead of turkey. Now, I know it isn't the regular on the greatest of pigging out days, but it suited us just fine. I also realize some of you are appalled, but I had already made two turkey pot pies in one week with the left overs (not to mention turkey sandwiches, turkey turkey, and much more)... I was all turkey-ed out. I did make a pie so it at least had the feel of Thanksgiving. David watched football (poor Lions. Sorry guys, you stink), the girls played, and I was able to bake and make the pizza. I used good old Mitch's recipe (I don't know who he is, but I love his dough) for the crust. It was a wonderful day chalked full of fun and relaxation. It even rained... crazy! I hope everyone's day was as enjoyable as ours.

Early morning mustache! I never knew cereal could do that to someone's face.

Happy to be up and wearing her HSM nightgown (thanks, Steph).

I bet Snow White had clothes on when she took her little nap... not our kids. She is wearing her underwear and some pearls. Sassy and classy!

Boo helping me with the pizza-- such a good, good girl! If you look close enough you can see my pie at the end of the counter.

Adding a bit more meat to not make this a vegetarian pizza.

Pre-bake.

Post-bake.

I made it a stuffed crust pizza. I have never done that before, but it was actually quite good.

Boo

Daddy

Mommy and Bo (notice our "faux classy" glasses, as I like to call them)? They are from Arby's. Don't tell David I told you that. He would be humiliated.

Baby girl

Once again, a necked Bo.


I was trying to take some pictures of the girls for our Christmas card, but they weren't cooperating very well. They are still kind of cute pictures, even though David says iLyn looks like Bill Hater from SNL in this picture.




I thought I would send this one because it is a pretty good representation of our family ;)

Best of friends.

Daddy playing "roar" with the girls.

More roar and more almost nudity. What can I do other than be thankful for my hubby and our girls??

If you listen hard enough you can hear Bo say, "Shake your booty and snap."

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think homemade pizza sounds great! I am a big believer in making traditions your own.

Looks like a fun time!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! I think Pizza is a great idea especially since that's was kids would rather eat anyway. Teresa made Kraft Mac and Cheese for all the kids and that was their favorite dish. Your kids are so cute, mine like to go around naked to.

Anonymous said...

Pearls and panties. Awesome!!

We went all out for Thanksgiving and now I'm wondering what the heck to do for Christmas. I was thinking Chinese, then discounted it because it's not very traditional. But if you can go Italian, then I'm whipping out the fried rice! :)

Aquaspce said...

We had pizza for American thanksgiving too! I'd already made a big dinner for the Canadian Thanksgiving, plus I worked all day and was tired.
Your pizza looks amazing!
Your little girls are so cute. I tried to take Christmas pictures one year, Kai looked just like your little girl did by the end.

Annette Anthony said...

Yummm...Looks so good. Stuffed crust, WOW! I love it! Thanks for letting me peek into you fun little Thanksgiving!
What is this MITCH's pizza dough? So you get it at the store or do you have the recipe?

Erin said...

That pizza looks so good! And the kids are adorable. I know how you feel about trying to get them all to look at the camera AND smile at the same time. Not easy!