Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween-- Late Style

Some craziness was happening around Halloween time so, unlike all of my up-to-date family and friends, I am posting these pictures a week late. Halloween was definitely different for us this year. This is the first year my girls were able to trick or treat outside. It was funny going out and them not knowing what to do. We always treated (we never trick, do we?) in the dorms on campus (and I prayed the students would be wearing clothes and not offer my kids beer or something equally bad, candy I don't like). This year, however, we were outside... because it was warm. About 75 degrees, to be exact. It was pure heaven. My mom made the girls' costumes this year. My contribution, other than getting the pattern on sale for 99 cents, was the moral support over the phone as she sewed together the 18 pieces that made up just the skirt of Boo's Sleeping Beauty costume. I am so glad I didn't even try to do that. I would probably be less one sewing machine. Thanks mom!

We first headed over to a church party and then over to my dear friend Stephanie's house. We took the girls around her neighborhood for some WONDERFUL candy. These people were awesome. David and I were singing their praises as we were chopping on some wonderful full sized candy bars. Thank you! After the treating, we went back to her house and waited for the rest of the treaters and listened to Fox news. It was a fun time. I can't wait for next year! I think I will use some of this candy I got for 70 percent off. I don't think anyone will notice, do you? (I actually think we got a piece or two of last years candy. We shall see if I survive the week!)

P.S. In the time it has taken me to complete this blog, I have killed two scorpions. Yikes!!

Snow White and, as Bo called her, "Slipping Booty." Oh dear.

Two of our three beauties.

Sometimes Boo has her daddy's fake smile.

Staring contest...

Awww...

Ready to get their candy on. I love this picture.

Cinderella (I didn't have time to get her a blue onesie... use your imagination)

The Royal Court

Our little sweethearts.

During the deed.

This is what happens when you have shrink wrap left over-- your daughters create wedding dresses. Bo is the pant less groom. I am sure this isn't the first time this has happened. It has probably been on America's Funniest Home Videos a time or two.

Another bridal shot.

Happy to not be wrapped up like a left over.

Bride-to-be-Bo (let this not happen for QUITE some time)

Little iLyn eating some Cheerios today.

I don't know about these things...

I am going to give them the old college try...

Wait, wait where are you going little o that is so cheery?

A-ha! I've got you now!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Your princesses look adorable! And I love the wrap wedding dress. Very inventive.

Jillene said...

How cute!! The costumes are darling--good job grandma!! And shrink wrap wedding dresses--super AWESOME!!

MortFamily said...

Congrats on the house! Yipee! Man, those were the CUTEST pictures. Hayden is really starting to look like you! Your mom is one fantastic sewer! Man, I wish we had a 85 degree Halloween. Its so cold here!

*MARY* said...

What cute princesses! I try to get my daughter to watch those princess shows but she won't. She's been going through a Fox and the Hound phase.

MJ said...

Your girls are so cute, and I can't believe your mom made those dresses...Amazing!
Your scorpion comment freaked me out though. I was thinking Micky and I should do a girlie trip to visit this winter, but I don't know if I'm going to see scorpions :)

U-NO-HOO said...

Oh please! I submit that the cuteness cannot be stopped! Haha and wunderbar! Danke....