And I was just thinking today that there wasn't much interesting in my life to blog about... wont' think that again!!
Today has been a terrible day. And by terrible, I mean horrible. And by horrible, I mean excruciating. And by excruciating... well you get the picture. It was bad from the start. Some not very wonderful things happened. I was woken up with a phone call from GE. I had called them the other day to have a repair person (I am so P.C.) come out and look at my fridge because it was making funny noises. Well, I was tired, the fridge hadn't made another strange peep, and I didn't want anyone in my house today. So anyway, they called and after being on hold waiting for an operator to cancel my appointment for about 20 minutes, the telephone company hung up for me. Thanks! I kept trying to hang up previous to that, but since they were still on the line it wouldn't let me. I don't think that is fair. I had to call them back and cancel-- which took about two minutes.
Like I said, without getting into too many details, it was rough from the start. There were a lot of tears and sadness and more tears and it has ended with someone very close to me hurting. To this sweet person, I pray you know that I love you dearly and would NEVER purposely hurt you. I hope that you can forgive me and that we can somehow make things right. I know we will make it through this, just like we always do. Please know that I love you!
Then, when everything looked it's bleakest, something else happened that made me question why I even bothered to get up this morning... my lovely five year old daughter played with the door knob on our way out to get our shoes on in the garage and ended up locking us out of the house... AGAIN! This is the SECOND time in three months she has done this to me!!! Of course, as soon as I realized what she had done I asked her why she would do that (as if this method ever works or helps). When it hit her that we were locked out, the panic screams started, which then set off her sister, which only upset me more. The last time I was locked out, it was only me stuck outside. It was about 110 degrees, but I was able to get a maintenance guy to climb up the wall and let me in. This time there was no maintenance guy. And this time, to make it even sweeter... the baby was in the house alone. Awesome! For the longest time I thought she was just pulling herself around the floor... fortunately she had been put in her carrier. Thank goodness for tender mercies. We were headed out the door to go pick up Daddy from work and I walked out into the garage to help them get their shoes. If I had only known...
Thankfully we were able to get out of the garage and over to the neighbor's house. My new neighbor was so kind as to let me borrow her phone, phone book, and child watching abilities. I called the first locksmith and told him to hurry because my baby was in the house alone. He started flipping out telling me I needed to call the police, that's what any locksmith would tell you to do. I realized, of course, that this would end up with them kicking in my door, which wasn't on my list of options. I ended up calling another guy, who cost more, but after forty plus minutes of toying with the doors, and the third door later, he was able to get me back inside to my baby and my keys. I just kept praying he could get in without having to replace the lock completely. I don't even think the culprit (after her initial reaction) understood the severity of what she had done because she was off playing and having sugar cookies. Sometimes being an adult really stinks!
Fortunately for me, the locksmith told me his dog locked him out of his truck once, tools and all. The locksmith couldn't unlock his own doors. That made me feel a little better.
Sometimes I feel at a loss as to what I am supposed to learn from these lessons in life. I felt like I was getting kicked from all sides and it was only Monday. There are times when I really feel alone in the world, but I think it's because I allow myself to feel that way. I am never alone, even when I am in my darkest hours (these were not them, I know), it is a comfort to know that the Savior is near. Sometimes he allows us to go through these trials that life throws our way to allow us to grow and grow closer to him. I will admit that sometimes it is difficult to keep my head afloat, but I know he will never let me go, if I will but turn to him and allow him to lift me up. It was a rough day, but I will kneel down tonight and thank him that I had this day and that I have my children to make me frustrated from time to time and I have a dear one, who loves me even though sometimes it is difficult to do so. I am grateful for the comfort of my faith and the healing power it can bring. And, I am grateful for Tylenol and my bed.
9 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry! I completely understand. Some days just start our miserable, and it sets the tone for the whole week. But hopefully, it only gets better from here.
Think of the turkey and pie!
What a story... Talk about a series of unfortunate events! I'm glad your baby was immobile and that everything turned out okay. And I especially loved your last paragraph. :) I love me an optimist! And someone who is thankful the way you are.
AHHHH that would so totally suck! I've been locked out before, thankfully no children involved, but really, would that surprise you? I'm glad everything worked out okay.
I totally think you should build the Halloween one for Thanksgiving... you totally could...
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad the baby was o.k. This reminds me of when (in the dead of winter) I accidentally locked Taylor in my running car when I ran up to drop something off to one of my visiting teaching ladies. It took the police 45 minutes to get there and Tay was screaming her guts out in her carseat the entire time. I could see/hear her but couldn't get to her. It was awful.
Tomorrow will be a new day!
Oh my!! What a day you had!! Here's to hoping today is MUCH better.
I LOVED the last paragraph!! How beautiful that you could fid the positive in such a negative day!! Thanks for sharing your story and your testimony!!
That's right Girl! Remember who you are! You are a strong, beautiful, princess of a Heavenly King! Don't let these silly little things make you lose your focas. Life is awesome, make sure to brush this rough patch off, stand tall and walk ahead!
It seems that craziness like that always comes in threes. At least you got all three out of the way in one day. You are so optimistic about things that I would be saying "why me?" to. I'm so gald that iLyn was okay and you made it through in one piece. You have a beautiful testimony.
Hang in there Li'l Camper! Remember, with help from Above, you're Tonka Tuff! ;)
That is a lot to take in one day. I bet you were so glad when that day ended. You are still an awesome mom and person, but it is hard sometimes. Hopefully your week got better.
Post a Comment