Wednesday, March 26, 2008

These Are the Days

I have to share a little moment I had yesterday with the girls. First of all the girls had their annual check-ups with the doctor. Apparently they don't usually book them together, but they allowed it for some reason. I dressed them in the matching shirts Grandma got them for Easter, matching hair styles, matching cowgirl boots, and different jeans (I had to draw the line somewhere). We got there and they had them put on matching hospital gowns. They were adorable. They had little tigers all over them. Of course, I realized later they were only adorable because they didn't have to wear them for anything serious. The doctor came in and we started the exam. I was out of the room for the first few minutes and missed the beginning of Bo's exam, but I guess the doctor talked to her about the day she was born. Two years later, she described to Bo that she was loudest baby, how she picked her up that morning to help her stop crying as she worked on her computer, and how they are now bonded. Bo was all business. David and I were laughing so hard because she was super quiet (which is not her personality at all). She was so cute in her little gown, legs hanging off the end of the table, and answering every question with a nod. It was precious. I guess we will just have to take her to the doctor when we want her to behave! Our doctor asked her if she was going to grow up to be a doctor and Bo nodded. When we went back out, she told the nurses that when Bo grows up she is going to be her doctor and take care of her.

Boo's exam went well also. She was so brave. They poked her finger (we said she likes to drink a lot of water and so she wanted to test her blood for diabetes) and she just laughed. All is well and her levels are fine. Our children are just walking fish, that's all. They also took her blood pressure, for the first time. She laughed at that as well. It's funny how, to avoid the appearance of fear, Boo laughs at things. They both did extremely well and we walked out with a clean bill of health.

Yesterday evening, David had to leave to work on a paper and it was just me and the girls for a little while. Little iLyn was tired and cranky so I was trying to get her to go to sleep. I wrapped her in a blanket and started singing to her while she laid on her side on my lap. Both girls came over to help. They both started humming to her to help her sleep. iLyn quieted right down and just watched both of them as they hummed and sang her hymns. It was a sweet moment for me to realize that, yes, I do have children (still bizarre since I feel 15 all the time) and they love each other. They are always trying to comfort the baby or make her feel loved. It is times like these that make all of those messy diapers, temper tantrums, and timeouts worthwhile. I am so grateful they are best friends and so grateful to have them :)

Here are a few pictures of a very bad hair day. I actually shouldn't say hair day, I should say just bad hair. When we moved back in here last summer, we had a horrible couch that replaced our old ugly, but slightly comfortable couch. It was so bad that we had a wire sticking out of one side and about six or seven blankets under the cushions just to be able to get out of the couch. Anyway, we talked to the maintenance man about fixing our couch and he came back with this monstrous, extremely comfortable, makes me feel like Lily Tomlin in her huge chair couch. It's wonderful. The only problem is that it is extremely static-y. It makes the girls' hair a mess every single day. It has also taught me that static hair can happen even when it is wet. Bizarre. I learn something new, or realize I am just not that smart, every day! Unfortunately, this is just a bad hair do Bo woke up with in these pictures. I will have to get some of the static pictures up another day.

Awesome do homegirl!

The profile.

She looks like she has on rouge.

????????

Boo's foot looks huge compared to her body. I still am confused about Bo and her stance.

Not quite awake, but at least they are happy.

1 comment:

U-NO-HOO said...

Adoreable! ADOREABLE! ADORREABLE! Bo and Boo singing to iLyn...could things get 'cuter'?

I'm glad you have a new couch! How comfy...

The static...haha...oh Alaska!...

Have fun!