I thought I would share some pictures from the hospital, or as we like to call it, the motel we go visit every two years. With Boo's birth, there wasn't any time to be nervous. Everything happened so fast. When I had Bo, I was extremely nervous because I knew what was going to happen. There were all kinds people in the room all the time. We got there two and a half hours early and it seemed like there was never any peace. This time, I was much more relaxed. David gave me a blessing the night before and I was very calm. David and I were able to spend time together alone for basically an hour and a half. It was wonderful. We only had the one nurse coming in and out. This, by far, was my greatest experience in the hospital. All of the nurses were fabulous (even though I think they start to leave you alone once they find out it isn't your first or second baby. I had to call more often for the drugs, but they were all lovely). Here are some pictures of the first few days of iLyn's life.
It's difficult to believe there is a baby in there and not a basketball.
It took them a while to get her crying. They never actually put this on her face, but kind of waved it in front of her. I was able to watch them clean her off and get her going. That was a first for me. I usually don't get to see that. It was a little unnerving because there was nothing I could do, but it was still wonderful to be able to see her in her first moments of life. I also love the fact that she is holding David's finger. Beautiful.
This picture is awesome and kind of disturbing at the same time. I am holding the baby, which is awesome, but they are sewing me back up, which is disturbing. I am so grateful for modern medicine, however, and the expertise of my doctor (that's him in the front on the left). He is a great man.
The first glimpses of their new baby sister. If you look close enough, you can see the fear in iLyn's eyes :)
Nona brought the girls some balloons. Boo's was Cinderella's carriage and Bo's was a princess balloon. They LOVED them.
Got to give her kisses.
So the came to the hospital the second day to see us. I am loving Boo's Olivia Newton John look. It's fantastic! I do love the 80s!
If she would have taken this pacifier two years ago, I wouldn't have been crazy for eight months from a lack of sleep. Little stinker!!



























2 comments:
How neat! Thanks so much for putting those up. It makes the whole process much less terrifying for me!
AWWW!!! I just love your little family!!!
Post a Comment