I don't want this...
...this...
...this...

But I also don't want this...

I don't know what to do! He just sent me several emails telling me how great Boxers are and that they are clean and good with kids (I was hoping he was wanting to adopt a full grown, potty trained male... no such luck. That sounds better than the dog as long as he does dishes). I don't know anything about the breed. All I know is that I will be home with the dog all day and will have to take care of it and the other little ones and a dog just doesn't sound fun to me at all (even though I had dogs growing up). But, David does so much and all he has ever wanted (other than a motorcycle and he already had that) is a truck and a dog to put in his truck. I feel so selfish, but I just can't do it! Especially not with a new house. My philosophy is to wait five years, but in his mind he has waited long enough. What to do, what to do? Does anyone know anything about boxers? Or how to help me????
7 comments:
My husband wants an English Bulldog SOOOO bad! We don't have a yard, so that's not happening right now.
My SIL and BIL had a Boxer. She was one of the best dogs that I have ever seen. Very good around kids and an all around great dog.
I finally gave in 1-1/2 years ago. We got a Beagle.
I had one growing up, they're good dogs and won't eat your children during the night. Plus, they can stay outside all day so there's no need to worry about having to deal with it while Dave's gone.
-Brent
Boxers really are very nice dogs. We get a lot of them in grooming and I've never met a mean one. You really would be better off getting an adult than a puppy, since you would be the one doing most of the training. Check out www.petfinder.com and do a search for boxers in your area. If they are in a rescue that uses foster homes they can tell you if they are good with kids, house trained, etc. Of course you know that I don't understand how anyone *wouldn't* want a dog so I'm no help in the other way, sorry. ;) As to someone else's post no they cannot stay outside all day long, no dog should have to be an "outside dog" - but more importantly, they are snub-nosed breed and they could not survive outside all the time in the heat of Arizona.
I'm sorry. I don't know what to say. I want a pet, but the argument was the new carpet, but now it's 2 years old. But we are also getting very nice new couches in a few weeks... so there is a new argument. I understand your frustrations about not wanting the stress of the dog. You know, though, you can't do a trial cause once you have the thing you will all fall in love.
I'd listen to those who have experience with this particular breed of dog. We want an English Mastiff. :)
Let him get it. I want a dog for Colter really bad!
I love boxers. Not the little crappy boxer terriers but the real deal. I am going to get one.
Post a Comment