Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What Can You Get For a Dollar These Days?

A whole lot of fun! I went to yard sales last weekend (there is a HUGE neighborhood north of here and they only allow the residents to have yard sales twice a year. They divide them up into four sections and they can only sell on their specified weekend. It is a huge area. Crazy). Anyway, I went a few weeks ago and scored a few goodies then. My friend and I went back and the first one we came upon, I purchased some lovely skates for a buck. It has been all the rage in our house. I wish they would have had another pair. Of course, as you can tell from the pictures, they are enjoyed more without pants. I have no idea why. David and I thought this was hilarious and I had to take some pictures. She will forgive me... someday ;)

Still a little unsure...

The baby got some books... for a dollar.

In all the gear.

This looks like a picture off of a box in the 70s (hot pants included). I absolutely love it!

Oh so happy!

Miss Happy wearing her new skirt, cheer leading outfit (it's the Steelers, sorry), and new Barbie computer (clothes were 50 cents and computer was a whopping $2).

Also sans pants, but happy!

6 comments:

Jillene said...

EVERYTHING is better when you aren't wearing pants!!

Kristina P. said...

What a great purchase! I am horrible at roller skating.

Whitney R said...

so funny that she is in all the gear and in a house. but.. .without pants, she probably needs those knee pads.

And you are very right, the piccture is out of a 70's album.

Annette Anthony said...

Love the daisey dukes. I think she will forgive you, in time.

Kimberly said...

So cute! She looks so happy, all decked out for skating. You did great with your garage sale finds. Don't you just love those?

Unknown said...

I would love it if they did that here. I am going to try and do as much yard saleing this year as I can. I just have to drag all the kids, but maybe one of these weeks all find some good ones like that. Your kids are so cute, maybe when you come out we can hit a few yard sales.