Monday, April 20, 2009

Better Late Than Never...

If I had a quarter for every time I said this phrase, well, I would be hanging out with Bill Gates. Procrastination should be my first, middle, and last name. Other than that, I am perfect, of course. Uh-huh, right. If you believe that, then you believe in Bigfoot (fortunately for me, my husband does, so I am almost perfect in his eyes. Ha ha). I am a little late with the Easter pictures. I am very sorry. My girls have been sick for almost two weeks and now I have it. It's always lovely waking up from a glorious nap to realize that you can't swallow because your throat hurts so bad. I guess it's the retail gods punishing me for spending my money at yard sales instead of in their stores on Saturday. What can you do?

We had a great Easter this year. We had the typical meal: mashed potatoes, ham, deviled eggs, salad. Wait, that must have been at a different house. We had veggie lasagna, salad, homemade French bread, and pink lemonade. It was wonderful. We are all about breaking tradition, and eating vegetarian as of late. David stayed home with the baby (because she was pretty sick), but the girls and I went to church and celebrated the true meaning of Easter (and no, it isn't the return of Cadbury Eggs). We had a great meal and then, to top off the great night, our girls got sent to bed at 6:40 because they were out of control. Well, it can't all be perfect, or even close to perfect. I think they ate a whole lot more candy than I realized and were completely out of control. So, they went to bed leaving us with the baby. She, of course, in her oh so mischievous ways, took two chocolates out of the basket, melted them with her hands and was alternating between sucking on them and wiping them on the carpet on the stairs. Thank goodness for baby wipes!

Well, here are some pictures from the day (pre-sugar high). My mom made the dresses and the barrettes. The baby has one too, I just didn't want her to get snot all over it :)

Oh, thank you, Easter Bunny!

The girls got Barbie Thumbelina dolls from the old Bunny.



Craziness.

This is quite an event in her little life. I almost NEVER give this baby sugar. I have seen the brain damage it gave my other two and have been trying to spare us her the pain and suffering that we they have gone through over the years ;) Plus, she really flips out after sugar and won't go to sleep... at all.




The goods.





10 comments:

Erin said...

Ooh I love those springy dresses! So fun! And your Easter dinner sounded great too. Just an hour ago I told my boys to each choose four more pieces of candy, and then I'm throwing away the rest out of their Easter basket. Because I'm sick on the non-stop sugar high!

Kristina P. said...

They look great! I love their dresses.

And I am all for breaking traditions and creating your own.

Jillene said...

Cute, cute dresses and hair barettes!! And veggie lasagna sounds delish.

Whitney R said...

What cute dresses! Your littlest is adorable eating that candy. haha. What time did they wake up from going to bed before 7?!

I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Well, you finally put the pictures on. It was nice to see that the dresses fit. And, the girls look beautiful in them. Thanks for the video--it was ALMOST like being there on Easter morning. Love you.

Vegas

Ann said...

Sad to hear you've all been sick, but looking darling all the same.

MortFamily said...

Those dresses are So cute! I am impressed. You did their hair and everyhing. Hayden looks so big!

Aquaspce said...

SO cute! The dresses and barrettes!! Looks like a fun Easter.

Kimberly said...

That video is so great. I loved hearing your two voices as we watch the girls run around. That's fun that your mom sews for your family. My grandma used to send Easter dresses for me and my sisters when we were little and we just loved it.

Unknown said...

Your mom did a great job on the dresses they're so cute. We just did a simple BBQ for Easter so there's nothing wrong with Lasagna.
My kids easter pics are on a disposible camera, so it will probably be a few more weeks before I can post mine