Here are a few things we did in the last week. It's kind of just a journal for me, so feel free to skip as I believe it will be long :)
Friday: Worked (bummer). Then we had the girls' friends over so they could play, run around upstairs like a herd of elephants, eat pizza, make a mess, watch movies, play at the park, and have the greatest time with their best friends while their parents went on a much deserved date. My sweet friend even brought me my favorite, a gardenia plant when she came to pick them up. I also realized, for the first time in my life, I have allergies.
Saturday: I had to do some errands and take stuff to Goodwill. Of course, I drive up behind the guy with a U-haul full of stuff. Just my luck. I decided to unload the car myself as I waited (I should have just loaded some of that guys stuff. It was pretty nice, but defeats the purpose of giving stuff away to de-clutter). As I was unloading, I felt a sharp pain on the bottom of my foot. I thought I just got a rock in my shoe. As I waited, I felt something funny. Come to find out, there was a nice piece of glass in my shoe and it started filling up with blood. Awesome. Fortunately for me, however, the kind older gentleman behind me backed up so I could get out instead of waiting there another hour. Later, I dropped the baby off for a nap with David and took the girls to see Disney's Earth. If you have seen Planet Earth, you have seen the movie, but the girls loved it anyway. Plus, Disney planted a tree (or so they say) in honor of everyone who bought tickets the first week. It was a great time. This was the first time I have ever been to a movie and felt comfortable talking to my girls and explaining things the entire time... everyone else was doing it with their children. Afterward, we went to a fabulous fat-free (unless you get the toppings and who wouldn't?) frozen yogurt place. Delicious!
Sunday: After the baby flipped out (we think she might be getting another tooth because she just randomly starts crying if she is not being catered to in the way she wants), David decided to stay home while she napped so we could go to church. A couple of people came up to me and told me that the girls, and their hair, always looked so nice. My voodoo spells must be working!! Watched an interesting show on PBS about some horseshoe crabs and birds that are dying out in Delaware with my little scientist, Miss Happy (she can't get enough science). I also, finally finished Charles Dickens, Little Dorritt. What a weird book and movie!! I believe, from the story Laura Linney told about Dickens in the beginning, I have lost some respect for him. Cheating punk!
Monday: Heard Little Lady calling my name at 5:30 am. Went in the bathroom to find out that she had lost her dinner all over the bathroom floor (she had fallen asleep the night before at 6:30 and we just put her to bed). I called the little guy's mom and told her the situation. I had the day off, but because my child was sick (so not fair). She ended up being completely fine the rest of the day. Apparently, and I have now learned this the disgusting way, my girls are allergic to red apples (or the junk that is on them). I have a hard time with them, but they just give me a horrible stomach ache, nothing more. They were given to us, so that is why they ate them. Arg! We were able, for the first time in months, to pick David up from work. I haven't been to the big town in a while. It was a lovely day. Then, we came home and sat in the backyard. The girls got dressed up in fancy play dresses to... play catch with Daddy. Miss Happy did great (especially since she was wearing a dress and Barbie high heels). Little Lady ran back and forth getting the ball in her Belle gown. Miss Happy kept telling Daddy to, "Go Lawn!" Girl code word for, "Go Long." It was lovely sitting on our porch, enjoying the perfect weather, and eating peaches off of our tree. Wonderful!
Tuesday: We went to our weekly playgroup and I got completely fried. I remembered to put the sunscreen on the girls, but not myself. When will I ever learn?
Wednesday: Took the older girls food shopping with me. I wasn't going to get much so I only went to one store. I shouldn't have taken them. This hot dog flu has got me all sorts of paranoid. I kept yelling at them not to touch anything and it got annoying for all of us. Then, this store actually tells you where the produce comes from, I decided not to really buy anything in the end because it comes from Mexico. Crazy, yes, but I don't want my family sick. Also, I went on cakewrecks.com and ended up reading a blog about a family who lost their son, but not their faith. I sat and cried and cried. The Lord always gives me things like this so I will stop worrying about how clean my house is, how crazy my girls are driving me, and how imperfect we are, and focus on what is important: family and our relationships. I have reevaluated how I act and react with my children. I am so grateful to have them and feel extremely blessed. All of the other stuff, although it matters, should not take precedence over my family. It's just a messy floor, not the end of the world! I am grateful to those sweet people who have kept their faith through it all and feel so blessed to have read about the life of their amazing son.
Thursday: Nothing too exciting on this day. We were supposed to have some friends over for lunch, but one of the little ones was sick so they cancelled. We played instead. I don't know if I have played with my girls (and the little guy) like that in a while. I had a blast and I think they did too. Of course, I didn't fix dinner (what a slacker... cereal can be such a life saver sometimes), but we had a great day. I didn't even complain or turn on the a/c when it got up to 88 upstairs. I just turned on a fan and it worked... until the girls went to bed and the baby woke up three times because it was too hot. I finally relented and turned on the a/c so she could sleep. We are so crazy!! David's co-worker told him about this website where you can get gift certificates to local restaurants for a fraction of the price. And, because it was the end of the month, we got them for 80 percent off! So, we will be going to this really great Thai restaurant some time. We were able to get two $25 gift certificates for $4. David got another one for 60 cents somewhere else. Awesome!!!
So that has been a week so far. Aren't you jealous ;) If you read this far, I am sure you are wanting to come live with us, right? Hope you like it hot! (Don't worry, we turn on the a/c for visitors ;)
4 comments:
What a busy week! And what a crappy way to find out they are allergic to red apples.
I would move to Arizona in a heartbeat! I love it there!
Yeah we need to remind each other to put sunscreen on!! :)
I somewhat know how you feel with the a/c situation. The only difference is that we don't even have a/c so turning it on isn't an option. Good thing I DON'T live in Arizona :0)
I had fun reading about your week and catching up.
Post a Comment