Monday, May 4, 2009

Am I the Only Crazy in Town?

Is anyone as paranoid about this as me? I know I am a super freak when it comes to sickness, but we stayed home yesterday from church because of my paranoia. Am I alone? I am tempted to get the masks (okay, maybe not that paranoid). I won't buy any veggies from Mexico (and by the way, in case you didn't realize, almost ALL of them come from Mexico... at least here), I don't want to take my kids any where, I use hand sanitizer like it is a drug, and my hands are chapped from so much washing. I think I am over reacting a bit, but I am a little more than slightly nervous about getting a disease from a pig. I already think they are dirty and the last thing I need right now is the hot dog flu. Where is Dan Rather to calm my fears?? Oh yeah, he got fired... because he probably had the swine flu!!

**I am not totally crazy... just 75 percent crazy
.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Honestly, I think this was blown WAAAAY out of proportion. They news is reporting that cases are already decreasing, and tons of people die from the regular flu every year. This is probably why I will get swine flu.

Erin said...

I'm sitting here with a sore throat, feeling tired and lethargic. And cranky because my son gave me this sickness. But here's hoping it isn't the swine flu! :)

Jillene said...

I am not too worried. My kids still have to go to school--there aren't any cases in our district. I am just living life the same and being as normal as posssible. I, like Kristina, think it was blown way out of proportion.

Annette Anthony said...

I am hoping that it has been way blown out of proportion.
I am such a hypocondriac {SP?}
anyway, so any little ache or throat tickle makes me freak. I have tried not to take my kids out to public places. I also have been using too much hand sanitizer and let me tell you....it sure burns dry hands!

Whitney R said...

Don't worry. I think the chances of anyone I know getting swine flu are about as high as someone I know becoming a celebrity. I'm especially not worried about it because I live in the boonies - who is going to bring it all the way over here??

Don't worry, your safe.

Aquaspce said...

Odds of getting struck by lightning: 1 in 700,000. Odds of getting swine flu: 1 in 1.879 million. Just hoping that makes you feel better :)