Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cleaning Frenzy

I haven't been posting much lately because I have been in the middle of spring cleaning and organizing madness. My brother-in-law is coming and his gave me the perfect excuse to get organized and finally get those last few boxes put away (yes, I need major motivation). Of course, I think I have been taking it a bit too far, but can you actually do that (well, scrubbing you garage floor on your hands and knees might be just a tad neurotic)? But, come rain or shine (actually rain might be nice right now), it will be clean by tonight. I have to admit that I started this days ago, but cleaning with my kids in the house is like sweeping up dirt to be followed by a tornado... not very effective. Thankfully my dear friend came and took the two oldest so that I could clean their disaster of a room. The really great thing about all of this, other than a clean house, is that I finally feel completely moved in. It's only been six months.

Look at that beautiful floor! It was really gross. We parked the car in there after several rain storms and the floor was filthy. Of course, it wouldn't come up with a mop, so a rag and Soft Scrub worked wonders with a TON of elbow grease.

Don't you wish your garage floor was hot like mine?

Now on to the most exciting news... iLyn has finally decided that she can take some steps. Now I say decided because we are pretty positive she could have done this months ago, but she is so cautious and stubborn that it didn't happen. I also say steps because she doesn't really want to walk. I have to bribe her to do it. She can practically run at times... but won't. As with everything with her, it is on her own time. But at least she is aware of what we already knew.

Some random pictures I took of the girls.

The scar under her eye is from her fall onto the dollhouse. Poor baby!

Totally blurry, but the best I could do. Ilyn did NOT want to stay still.

Diva extrodinare. I love the double hat and the "diamond collar" on her pet lion.

Avoiding walking, but I will get her yet!

I know the quality of this picture is terrible (and I am really not trying to take a picture of the tv), but I just thought it was so cute of Little Lady.

Um, yeah. This is her new thing. Disgusting, yes, but at least you can see her one tooth (if you zoom in). She has great time having Daddy pull her finger out of her nose. It's their little game. Yep, hand sanitizer!

Goofing around in the morning.


I love this picture. Girlfriend has to wear a onesie to bed at night (it is really hot here lately and none of them actually need pjs, even though the older girls insist on wearing flannel nightgowns. Really?). I usually just lay her down in a diaper, but her other latest thing is to take the diaper off and leave me a mess to clean (thankfully just wet). Little Lady used to do that to me too. Only she would take off one piece fleece footed pajamas and do that. It was very frustrating and so I am now going to win the diaper removal war!

Another crazy shot.

Glamour shots pose. Apparently it is ultra bright in our house... or she wants to look like Elton John.

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You could eat off that floor! Love the nose picking shot.

Erin said...

I am SO jealous of your clean garage floor!

And your children are beautiful. Yes, they are divas, and just beautiful!

Christy said...

I can't believe you mopped your garage!! Holy cow! My kitchen floor doesn't look that clean!! :) I need some major tips from you. Hope you having a good day!! :)

Jillene said...

That garage floor looks AMAZING!! Your girls are SO FREAKING CUTE. I especially love the nose picking picture. Better save that one for blackmail later on!!

Annette Anthony said...

Okay first off...the photo of iLyn with her finger in her nose...was that taken before or after the nose picking photo?...just kidding. My baby does that all the time too...it's funny how it just slides right up there, literally!
Your garage floor looks beautiful and I have to agree with your friend chris up there, that even my kitchen floor doesn't look that clean. I bet it kills you to have the car parked on it! I am always so mean and freakish about my kitchen floor even getting one drop on it several days after mopping!

Aquaspce said...

I love your tiled garage!! Your daughters are beautiful!

MortFamily said...

Wow, if I had a garage, I would want my floor to be hot like yours! Impressive! Don't worry, I read your blog because you're entertaining, Brent says so too, but other people are just so boring! Don't tell them though... K?

Did you know the Miners are building a house?

Whitney R said...

Oh man... I wish I had the energy to clean like I want to and need to. I need something to kick me in the butt. Like family coming to stay. That sounds good. Too bad I don't have any of that going on until I have this kid -which is a way away.

Julia said...

your girls are so cute! I always laughed when I found the baby diaperless in the morning. Of course, I probably wouldn't laugh if it was poopy I found :)

U-NO-HOO said...

Yeh, just to let you know, I don't feel horribly guilty or anything thinking of a pregnant lady scrubbing her garage floor 'for me'!!

:(

Unknown said...

I can't believe you did that, especially when your pregnant. That is a little crazy I have to say. My garage will never look as hot as yours, but then again mine is cement and even soft scrub wouldn't help. Your girls are getting so grown-up and they are adorable.