Thursday, April 3, 2008
This is a Snack Attack and This is Happening!
Am I the only one who absolutely loves, and looks forward to, Sonic's adds? Oh my goodness! These, in my expert opinion, are some of the best ads on tv (I mean, if you have to watch them you might as well enjoy them, no?). I do believe, however, that this is my favorite one. Snack attack. Brilliant!
I have been adding a lot to the blog lately. I have been slightly up to date in adding recent pictures. The old pictures, well, we will just pretend for the moment that they don't exist. I won't be adding any too soon because David has our camera locked up in some secret location on campus because he is recording people for a project. Anyway, I feel like sharing a few tidbits of information.
First off, David has another interview for another internship. This time it is with the city (the other one is with the borough). The lady asked him what kind of job he wanted. That threw him off a bit because he wasn't sure how to answer that. Who knows, he could be working three different jobs at the same time. Fascinating! He has a meeting next week to discuss the first internship he acquired. Things are looking up!
We have learned from experience that we cannot tell our children anything we are possibly doing in the not so immediate future. I say this because they will consistently bother us with unending questions about the event and/or when we are leaving for said event. For example, a friend of ours watched the girls for a couple of hours the other day so that we could go to an appointment. I told Boo and Bo about it in the morning as I was getting them ready. For the next five hours, the two of them must have asked us, and I am not exaggerating here, at least 100 times when we were leaving and that we needed to leave or we would be late. These would come at about 2-5 minute intervals. It was utter craziness, to say the least. Boo wakes up every morning and asks me what we "have today." I have decided that every day will be a nothing day and I will just surprise them with the daily activities just so I can avoid the Spanish Inquisition.
I also had a hilarious, if not slightly disturbing, experience with our oldest child the other day. She was wearing her Belle costume, as is custom in our home despite the piles of laundry that would lead one to believe she wears something other than that dress. Anyway, she was wearing her dress and the next thing I know, she is stuffing tissue paper (we had received a lovely gift from a lovely lady) down the top of her dress. I was talking on the phone at the time so it took me a minute to realize what she was doing. I asked her if she was trying to look pregnant and, to my surprise, that wasn't the look she was going for (pillows under the shirt are things that start happening when you are pregnant around little girls... or at least I hope that is common). My child was... giving herself a chest. I asked her if that was what she was doing and she just kept saying no and turning away from me laughing. I continued to inundate her with questions of what she was doing, but she just answered no and laughed. I told her it was okay (what else do you say) if that was what she was doing and she finally admitted to me what her ultimate goal was with stuffing her shirt. Good grief! They are growing up so fast these days. Good thing there are things such as Brat dolls and Britney Spears to set good examples! Phew! :P
We received some other good news this week. Little iLyn's medicine is working great where she is at right now. Apparently half of the lowest dose is giving her thyroid the extra boost it needs without doing all of the work for her. I also had to take her to the doctor yesterday (she was just in there Monday for her two month check) because she sounded as though her cold had moved to her chest. Fortunately, her congested cry was from drainage and not something worse. Thank goodness.
I am currently trying to move little Bo into a big girl bed. She has taken several naps on Boo's bed this week which is a big step for her, as well as for me. It's not that I don't want to acknowledge she is getting older by putting her in a regular bed, nothing could be further from the truth. The truth is that I don't want to have to refold all of the clothes in the chest of drawers every morning because she is into everything. She is going to have to get used to it because once we move (in the next month or so) she is going to be in a regular bed (space, glorious space! How I can't wait for you!).
What other information can I heap upon the masses? Oh, I guess we are going to try to go to Utah this summer. We are still waiting for specific details. If you will be in the Happy Valley area in July, we would love to see you!
Well, I am going to get off of here. I just remembered it is conference weekend (brain dead! Lack of sleep) and I have to get Boo off to ballet. Hope you all are swell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Here is another cutie pie. I just want to grab her and hug her until she squeaks. Keep putting pictures on this blog--get that camera back! Bama
Post a Comment