We have been experiencing what I like to call... horrible weather! It's spring around the rest of the world, but for some reason this place thinks it still needs to be cold and snowy. We probably got about half a foot last night and this morning. For me, it is depressing. Why, oh why??? The Lord knows something I don't. Good grief!
So because of the snow and cold we have resorted to taking our children to McDonald's so they can get their "energies" out, as Boo likes to call it. We usually stay a couple of hours to let them play and pick up as many germs as possible. The other day we went and Boo came up and told me there was a boy who was being mean to her and another little girl. I told her to stay away from him. She turned to me, after he walked by, and said, "See Mommy, I stayed away from him," fairly loud. Then later, after I told him not to punch or push people, she yelled, "Mommy, he be nice." Boo would be a great assistant to someone who didn't have a conscience and needed some help because she will tell anyone anything, at anytime. My favorite was when she told people at church I was pulled over by a cop. It was extremely embarrassing, but a lesson learned. She is a sharer... with things other than her toys.
I have decided, with the price of diapers jumping up $9 a box in the past month (cough, cough, choke, choke), that it is time to potty train little Bo. Yeah, right. When I tried to potty train Boo it was a train wreck. We both ended up in tears with David shedding a few as well, I believe. It was a horrible experience and so I didn't even try again until after she was three. We don't have that option. So the other day, following the advise of some friends, I put little Bo on the potty after her breakfast. I thought if I let her sit in front of the tv she would just sit and go. After 45 minutes of not going, I gave her a little something to drink, but she didn't drink a lot because well let's face it, milk isn't that exciting. After 15 minutes her her not going still, I gave her half a can of diet orange soda (which she chugged like a sorority girl). The kid STILL didn't go. She was sitting on, or standing around, the potty for a HOUR AND A HALF and still nothing. I took her diaper off for two hours after dinner that night and I got... a drop. She has the best bladder control I have ever seen. When she gets it down we will be golden, but until then I believe she will have to drink something the size of the Great Salt Lake before the flood gates will open. Good night nurse!
And, it is good to know that some things never change. For example, my girls love Strawberry Shortcake and, after this weekend, a movie that I loved so dearly when I was a child. I rented ET and we watched it last night. We have now watched it twice. Of course, I was the only one who cried yesterday, but the girls loved it. It warms my heart.
And, for my poor mother who is complaining about nothing new, here is a little something from iLyn. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment