
"They may be pushing 40, but the New Kids are returning to the block. The Boston boy band New Kids on the Block, which sold 70 million albums in the 1980s and early 1990s, has reunited and plans to release a new album and go on tour. The reunion comes 20 years after the release of the group’s multi-platinum album, “Hanging Tough.”
Anyone who truly knows me would know that I would have prayed for this (or probably did) many years ago. I fell in love with these five bad boys when I was but a wee impressionable twelve year old. Their plights and music ruled my entire existence and, let's face it, they basically acquired my entire allowance for at least three years. I continued to love them (even in secret... I am sorry Tiffany, I wasn't as strong as you) until I was a freshman in college when Bethany and I wrote them the sappiest, most pathetic letter I had ever written to that point inviting them to meet us on the Eiffel Tower (sadly the letter was returned to sender as their fan club had dissolved. Beth-wab... do you remember our taped confessions to one Take That??? I think that might take the cake in my career as fan/stalker) . Oh New Kids! Where were you years ago when I was without a date, without a chance, and without any sense of dignity? I could have drooled over your luscious pictures then. Now I have to find out about your reunion in passing because I barely have time between diaper changing and baby feeding to read People magazine. I know I have moved on because I no longer consider Joe McIntyre the love of my life (THANK YOU DAVID!), but I don't know if I will be able to control the heart palpitations. I hope I am not Pavlov's dogs. All I know is that I turned back into a fifteen year old at my ten year high school reunion when the boy I had the worlds LARGEST crush on walked in the door five minutes after I arrived (he could have at least waited another hour for me to enjoy myself or at least act like a normal adult), therefore it would be safe to say that by the first note of your harmonious prepackaged melody I will be on the floor, crying the disappointed tears of fandom unclaimed, and wishing that I too was from Beantown and a groupie. Heaven help me!
2 comments:
For the record--I told you about this the SAME day I emailed you about President Hinckley! Nice to know my emails mean so much *sniff* LOL!! HOORAY NKOTB!!!
Megan, there are things that never should have left Dorm 6, room 188! Oh my gosh, we were ridiculous! My sister called me on Friday morning to tell me they were on the Today show and that she had been looking for you in the crowd. I told her you would not have been in the crowd - you would be escorted out be security for attacking (what was it that we taught Christine?)Danny, Donny, Joe, Jon, Jordan.
Post a Comment