When we finally got the road, I realized it probably wasn't that great of an idea to be wearing flip flops since it was in the low 30s (oh, and neither one of us brought a coat, just a sweatshirt). I really realized it wasn't a good idea when we were basically driving through a blizzard. When we stopped for gas, this was what the car looked like.
I thought this was pretty cool. That's ice and dirt.
It looks like a Coke Slurpee blew up on the side of the car.
And here we are prepared for another winter... in spring.Least to say, the roads and weather were really bad. I thought we would hit a certain point and it would get better, but that didn't happen. The closer we got to our destination, the worse the weather got. It was amazing. I ended up wearing David's boots in the parking lot because, A.) My tennis shoes, which I just happened to throw in, were in the back of the car and, B.) The water came up over my foot. It was a literal lake in the parking lot. I can't believe it is the end of April and it is still coming like a Lion! Here are a few pictures of the weather.
Getting a little worse...
I don't know if you can tell, but there is a man out there shoveling the snow. Poor guy, it must have weighed a ton. This was some wet snow.
Some more fun images. The gas price makes me cringe. We ended up paying over $4 a gallon twice.
The road was so bad that it was difficult to change lanes. You had to stay in the rut or risk spinning. It was scary when people would pass because their car would dump on you like the slime on Nickelodeon.
Just more craziness.
The hotel parking lot. It was a pretty nice hotel. Thank you William Shatner for your pep talks on tv! Hooray for Priceline.All and all, we ended up having a great little trip. The hotels were nice, the service at the restaurants we ate at was lousy, and I ended up really loving the time to ourselves (well, slightly to ourselves. We brought iLyn with us. She was fantastic!!!) It was wonderful to be able to reconnect and have some one on one time that lasted for more than a few hours on date night. I had a blast with David and hope we have the opportunity to do it again some time in the future. Here are a few pictures of iLyn I took on the ride down. They have a surprised feel to them.





I think she is adorable... but that's just me :)
This is what Bo was doing when we came home. I think it is adorable that she is sleeping with her princess barbie. I could think of more uncomfortable things to cuddle up with, but I won't. It was cute.
These are for my mom who specifically asked for pictures of the baby outside of the carrier. It's hard when girlfriend cannot sit up on her own!
I think she cried not too long after this was taken, as you can see.

1 comment:
The picture of Bo is TOTALLY out of like a 'Hallmark' card or something like that! KYOOT!
Post a Comment