Up to no good! If you notice under her nose she has the newest addition of scars on her face. Sister accidentally pushed her when they were playing and little Bo landed face first on the frame of the bed. It wasn't pretty, but she is recovering, scar and all, quite nicely.
A couple of weekends ago I took the girls to a gingerbread house contest in town. The local paper puts in on every year and I had always wanted to go, but could never remember. We drove past this year and, as soon as I found out it was free (can't pass up free), we went inside and casted our votes. It was fun because they had kids, youth, group, and adult categories. The adult ones were absolutely amazing! These people must have started months ago and either don't have kids or have a taser gun to keep them away. Incredible! They have a few displayed at library and I think I am going to try and take a picture, if I can remember. Anyway, we had our little dinner group last week we made gingerbread houses. I haven't made one in years. Nona bought us a kit to make them, but it's been super busy around here getting ready for the holidays and visiting and all that we haven't done it yet. I want to do it sometime this week because it was loads of fun. I tried to get Boo to help me (Bo was running around and had no interest in anything except trying to get me to allow her to consume truck loads of candy), but she kept getting distracted by candy that was misshapen or broken or had touched her hand and was telling me how she had to eat it because it was no good for the house, only for her mouth. So as I tried to get her to help and she continued to feed the sugar monster in her belly, I put together this little house. People kept commenting on how nice it looked, but I kept reminding them that mine only looked like it did because my children didn't help! If they had helped it would have looked better. Instead, I got a mommy gingerbread house (I also felt a little complimented because one lady said she could tell I decorated cakes by the way I was holding the bag. Kind of cool). Anyway, here is the end result. It isn't that great, but I haven't made one in years (I believe elementary school is ringing a bell). It was good fun just the same!
I thought I would take a picture early. Some of the decorations have slowly been disappearing off of the house. I knew that would happen.



No comments:
Post a Comment