Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Post Holiday Update

So... it's been a while. I think almost a month since I have updated so I thought I would add a few notes about what is going on these days.

We had a lovely holiday season. My father-in-law and brother-in-law flew Idaho to watch David's sister graduate from college (see earlier post). His other two sisters drove up to watch her walk across the stage. Congratulations Jewla!

So happy to graduate... an hour after her last final. Could they have cut it closer?

The Aunties: Cait, Jewla, and Suzanne

Uncle Aaron and Jewla

The new Rexburg temple. Auntie Jewla got a private tour before the walk through. Lucky!

Same temple during the day. Beautiful. Times have changed since I went to school there.

After graduation, Jewla came home (hooray!) and Aaron flew down to Phoenix to visit a friend. Here are a few pictures he took (all of these pictures are actually his since we weren't there and, when we were, we forgot the camera. Brilliant.)

Mesa, AZ temple. It is very Mayan looking to me.

All lit up for the Christmas crowd. Incredible!

It looks so pretty and so WARM!

Desert sunset. The clouds resemble a haircut I had in the 80s... feathered.

The morning Aaron was to come back home, he called and said he needed to stop by on his way home from the airport to visit for a few minutes. This would have been normal except for the fact that his flight didn't get in until 12:30 at night and he isn't one to stay up late (he turns into a pumpkin after 10:30. My mom and I like to tease him about that one). He showed up and brought... my mom. I was totally shocked! He brought her up for my birthday. I didn't know how to feel at first because I had been calling her all day and was starting to worry so I was kind of mad at her for not calling me and telling me where she was. I was relieved she was safe and happy to spend the holidays with her. Thank you Aaron!

Me looking really lovely at 2:00 in the morning finishing up some truffles (they were pretty yummy) for our Christmas plates. The dark circles under my eyes make this picture authentic and frightening.

Mom, Me and a bowl full of chocolate. I am shocked we can hug over my huge belly!

There are a lot more Christmas pictures. I have to go through them and also download ours to the computer. The rest will have to be a picture less update. We had a very nice Christmas. Santa was very good to the girls and to David and me. It's so fun to watch them open up their presents and to see the joy in their faces. How blessed we are to be able to spend time with family at this special time of year. This was a great Christmas because all of David's siblings were home and we were able to spend lots of time hanging out, watching movies, playing games, and eating. It was good times.

We also found out that David got straight A's this last semester. CONGRATULATIONS MY LOVE!!! We are so proud of him!!!!!

We also found out that my cousin and her husband were able to sell their house and are on their way, this next week or the next, to move down to the Phoenix area. Her husband was able to get a job transfer so that their little boy can get some much needed and much improved medical care in Arizona. We are so happy for them and pray they have a safe move.

David received an email from a detective at the PHX Police Dept. a couple of weeks ago saying they had approved his application and that it was complete. He said he doesn't see any problems. Then, yesterday, we received a phone call that makes us half excited. David was one of two people who are completely through the hiring process and that they put in the paperwork to hire him last week. Sounds fantastic, right? Except for the fact that starting Monday (the day she called), the city is in a hiring freeze. Irony or ironies. The lady told him that since his paperwork was in last week that they are trying to get through the red tape to get him hired. We will see. She said he has until April 16th to be hired before he has to fill out another application. Craziness. Stay tuned for more information... we may have another child before we find out the final answer again!

Speaking of children, I just have to share a little news. A friend of mine had a baby boy today. Her husband called to tell us that he was 10 lbs. 13 oz. Oh my word of honor!! She has been uncomfortable for so long and it has been even more difficult with her diabetes. She finally has relief and a pretty quick weight loss plan. Good grief! I don't think our baby is even close to being that big, but we will find out in two weeks, but who is counting?

No comments: