Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sweet Angel Baby

Here are a few, or a ton depending on how you look at it, pictures of iLyn. I had to take her to the doctor last week to have her thyroid checked out by an endocrinologist. The appointment seemed to go well. He thinks that since she is in such a low dose of medicine that she has a chance of not having to take it the rest of her life. Anyway, we had to go to the lab to get her blood checked. They used to be able to take it out of her foot, but now that she is older than six months, they have to take it out of her arm. I wasn't very happy when the lab tech told me this, but what am I going to do? Nada (we have been learning some Spanish down here... impressed? You better be!). Anyway, I had to lay my poor little baby down to have them put the rubber strap around her arm when she was all smiles. The one lady prepared the needle and the other lady held down her one arm while I held down the other. I feel like I am betraying my children when I allow them to get poked and prodded. Anyway, the lady stuck this HUGE needle in her arm and iLyn... didn't make a peep. It was like she didn't even notice that this woman had stuck a needle the width of her arm, into her arm. They were both impressed, as was I, that she didn't cry. What a sweetheart! I know she has been poked a lot in her young life, but I never expected that (nor do I expect it again). Maybe she inherited my tolerance of needles. I used to go in to get shots, or blood drawn, all by myself when I was a kid and didn't want my parents coming in with me. I was Tonka Tough and maybe our baby is too. One can only hope!










1 comment:

MortFamily said...

Poor girl! I feel the same way when I take my kids to the doctor! The look of betrayal is heartbreaking! The Bills are moving next week.