1. Meatloaf, when not made with love or conviction, is no meatloaf at all. I quote David, "What is that?" (I personally am not a meatloaf lover-- except for Nona's meatloaf. That is in a category all it's own). I have found that food tastes better when it is made with love. I don't love the meatloaf and it DEFINITELY does not love me!
2. When a rented mini van's tires are filled in 100 plus degree weather and then driven to a place that is 55 degrees, the tire pressure will drop. No need to panic and fill them up because they will just return to the size of a semi tire and frighten you into thinking they will blow up. Not that we have personal experience with that or anything.
3. Life seems easier when you drive long distances when your children are asleep. Of course this makes for a long next day.
4. It is truly possible to fall in love with fictional characters and morn the loss of reading about their lives. Does this really have to happen to me two years in a row? Couldn't you two have planned this better, Rowling and Meyer????
5. Our eldest daughter has learned, and appropriately used the phrase, "You don't love me!" The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it Mom?
6. Constantly ask your two and a half year old if she needs to go potty when potty training. This can avoid embarrassing situations like her peeing in the middle of a department store. Also something I wouldn't have personal experience with... ;)
7. I have a new found love and respect for Governor Palin, as of Friday (all of you Alaskans know what I mean) and it has nothing to do with her VP nominee status (although I was impressed with her speech-- especially the hockey mom joke). I don't want to talk politics. Some of you may know where I stand, but I usually leave my rants for David and my mom (poor dear).
8. Trying to find a house, when there are tens of thousands available, is exhausting.
9. The Dark Knight, while more than slightly disturbing, was fantastic. Heath Ledger deserves to win the Oscar because of talent, not because of pity.
10. Candy bars don't taste the same after they have been melted and refrozen. Also disturbing.
2 comments:
Megan,
I want to know more about Sara Palin. I am SO UNDECIDED in this election, but LOVED her speech last week. Can I love her just because she is a mom, is facing obstacles and doesn't seem afraid of that? Is she too good to be true? Does she really not care about special interests? I value your Alaskan opinion!
Teresa
"You don't love me!" That's sadly funny. Oh, Annie! Gideon peed in the library. Great blog... you crack me up. I am currently re-reading Twilight because I needed another fix. Its very interesting re-reading it now that I know how it ends.
Post a Comment