So this last weekend the girls watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (probably one of the greatest movies EVER!) because my mom let us borrow it for months (could you imagine the late fees at Blockbuster??). They watched it at my mom's house this summer. Boo loves it and now Bo does too. Anyway, Boo wanted to watch it again Saturday night, but, for one reason or another, had a meltdown and had to go to bed early. My point in tell you this is that she kept saying, "I want Seven Brothers!!" We didn't watch it that night, but I attached pictures of the girls watching it the next day. Boo went around singing, "Goin' courtin', goin' courtin'," over and over. Both girls were singing the tunes to various songs from the movie. It makes a momma proud!!! Here are a few pictures of the intriguing moments of the movie.





We also had a lovely Halloween (Pumpkin Day= Zucca Giornno in Italian according to Google translator. David didn't know. Apparently Halloween translates to Halloween. Not as exciting as I had hoped). Boo had preschool so she was able to wear a little Minnie Mouse costume (well, actually just a black shirt and a Minnie Mouse ears). We didn't wear the Belle costume because she decorated cookies. She had a good time, again. We came home and finished decorating the cookies.
Some of the finished products. These are Daddy's cookies. Boo worked on one the whole time. Bo was eating oatmeal and couldn't be bothered.
If that doesn't look tempting, I don't know what does.
Today, the girls were dressed up in their ballet costumes, or as Bo says it, "Lala" costume. They were dancing around the living room to Josh Groban. They are adorable, of course. I can say that because I am their mom.


Pointing those toes...
These are some older (as in earlier this week) pictures of the girls in their dress up costumes.
Here I come Nutcracker! Daddy likes the fact that she is acting more like a girl and less like a bouncer!
And, yesterday was the first day we listened to Christmas music. I told myself that I had to get through Halloween before I could break it out. I didn't even have to do that because I still had the cd in the car from last October (when I couldn't take it anymore and had to listen to it). We listened to the Mo' Tab Choir and then I turned on a Christmas station today on the computer. It was fabulous!!!
Our winter retreat... I actually looked up pictures of "Christmas" and this is one that came up. This is in Florida.
Oh, and for date night last night we went to see Dan in Real Life with Steve Carell. I love The Office and have never seen him in a movie before (we rented Evan Almighty, but I haven't watched it yet). I have to say that it was probably one of the best movies I have seen this year (other than Transformers and The Bourne Ultimatum). When we first saw the preview for it the movie was rated R. Then, we saw a preview and it was rated PG-13. I honestly have no idea why it was PG-13, it should have been PG. It was sooooooo GOOOD!!! It was simple, but nice. David says it is a chick flick, but I could care less. I think Steve Carell is adorable and he proved it even more in this movie. Just a feel good movie with humor. I highly suggest it. That's it for now.
Some of the finished products. These are Daddy's cookies. Boo worked on one the whole time. Bo was eating oatmeal and couldn't be bothered.
If that doesn't look tempting, I don't know what does.That night we had dinner at a friend's house with a couple of couples. We had some excellent soup, salad and rolls. Then we came home to get the girls dressed up in their costumes and headed over to the student dorms to the carnival and to get on our trick or treat on. Little Bo carried her pumpkin full of candy the whole time. Little Ms. Belle had our friend carry her pumpkin up the stairs (I was carrying Bo) so that she could lift up her dress to climb the stairs. It was very natural, and very princess like. Afterward we went back to our friend's house to decorate cookies and talk. It was a fun night. I didn't get very many (as in two) pictures because we were in a rush and the girls weren't very happy to be rushed, as you can see.


Pointing those toes...
These are some older (as in earlier this week) pictures of the girls in their dress up costumes.
Here I come Nutcracker! Daddy likes the fact that she is acting more like a girl and less like a bouncer!And, yesterday was the first day we listened to Christmas music. I told myself that I had to get through Halloween before I could break it out. I didn't even have to do that because I still had the cd in the car from last October (when I couldn't take it anymore and had to listen to it). We listened to the Mo' Tab Choir and then I turned on a Christmas station today on the computer. It was fabulous!!!
Our winter retreat... I actually looked up pictures of "Christmas" and this is one that came up. This is in Florida.












1 comment:
I Love little girls in Tutus!! YAY!! I'm trying to be better (you will see one whole new post) because I can't let you keep beating me!!! Hooray for Christmas! I love your winter retreat!
Post a Comment