Friday, November 16, 2007

ABC's and 1, 2... Nope, just ABC's!

I realize it is late, very, very late. But I also realize I can't sleep while my husband is gone, therefore I do things like update the blog and watch freaky episodes of The X-Files. It was a great show, weird, but great.

Boo has been doing well in preschool. We had to cancel it this week because two of the four kids are sick (one being mine) and a third is out of town so it just made sense to cancel. That being said, we have had three wonderful weeks. I feel as though Boo is learning a lot. She wasn't too interested in the alphabet before (she plays a game on the computer, but she just liked all of the stuff it did, never really the letters) but now she knows most of the letters and is learning their sounds. She can also write the first letter of her name and a "B" without help. If she isn't concentrating or doesn't want to be bothered by my many questions, she forgets, but that must be her way of rebelling. We haven't really gone over numbers too much so we have a ways to go with that one. However, I have found some really helpful websites and I am going to make up some flashcards. She does know four, but why wouldn't she, it's her age! Here are a few things she has done in preschool. I know they probably didn't scan the best, but I am just happy we have a scanner!


Bubble art by Boo (you can buy a print next year. She will make MELLIONS!). You take paint, mix it with some soap, blow bubbles in it, and then set your paper on top of it. Pretty genius.


I wrote three of the letters, but she did the rest. It was her first time.

I tried to keep her on task with this one. She really just wanted to draw loops and color, but I thought she did a fantastic job.

No comments: