Monday, October 8, 2007

Summer's End, Winter's Begun

Well, it's the end of another wonderful summer. We spent the first half enjoying the weekends up here (it rained during the week), having BBQs, and hanging out with family. We spent the second half with Grandma having fun with family and friends down there. I having been waiting for Grandma to send me some pictures so that I can get the summer pictures up. I guess I could put up mine, but I have been lazily unpacking and have just been plain lazy. Actually, I read the last Harry Potter (NO!!! DON'T END... I can't believe it is over!!!) and the Twilight series (fantastic books... I haven't read the latest one, but the first two are fabulous) and that has taken up a lot of time (as my husband will agree... he says all life stops when I get into a book. Yeah, that's why I try not to read so much. I have an obsessive personality). I will get those pictures up with some details of our travels and good times.

We also found out in June that we are having another baby and, well, kind of found out it is a girl. I say "kind of" because the baby was scrunched up in a ball and you couldn't see anything too clearly. She said because of a few lines that it is a girl, but only because of the lines. You couldn't really see anything (we could tell both girls were girls during the ultrasound). Of course, we totally believed her because, well, what else would it be??? Anyway, when I went to the doctor a week ago, both the nurse and the doctor (separately) said, "so they couldn't tell the gender?" I am thinking the tech thought it was a girl because of the lines, but that the radiologist couldn't tell so he/she didn't put it on the ultrasound report. I am sure it is a girl, but after talking to three different people who knew of something that happened similarly to someone in their family or, it happened specifically to them, I am not so sure any more. We shall see. I will have another ultrasound in the next few months. Hopefully she/he won't be as modest (that is a hope just for time in the womb, of course).

David is moving along with his MBA classes. I read him an email from one of his classmates last night while he did something. Uh, yeah, I didn't understand anything other than words such as "and," "the," and "a." I am glad he knows what is going on. He said that one of his professors went moose hunting a few weeks ago down one of the rivers around here and, while coming back, his air boat flipped over and he had to punch his way out of it. Apparently it had a cabin and he couldn't get out of the boat and had to punch his way through. David said that no one but him seemed interested that his professor almost died on a Sunday and he was back in class by Tuesday. I guess they have all almost died on a random moose hunting trip and that's why it didn't phase them... who knows. And, speaking about David (I hope he doesn't mind that I share this) Boo looked at a picture of him when he was about nine years old the other night and blurted out, "Daddy, you have big teeth!" It was a pre-braces picture. Kids are so honest, but so cute while they are crushing your dreams and realities. Maybe they should run the world. At least there would be honesty in politics, even if they did turn the White House into a Barbie Dream House or Castle Grayskull.

The girls are doing well. Boo started her first dance class. She is taking ballet/tap/tumbling. She loves it. The first day I was watching her and talked to some moms in the waiting area. One lady asked which one was my daughter and, after I pointed her out, she said, "You mean the only one listening?" She didn't listen the whole time, but she had a blast. She loves it and loves all of the dance clothes my cousin gave her this summer. Of course, she already left her tap shoes at the studio, but I guess that is my fault. I shouldn't expect an almost four year old (next week... goodness!) to put her shoes back in her bag. Bo is as feisty as ever. She thinks she is as old as Boo and tries to do the same things (climbing up the stairs holding on to the railing, trying to wash her hands by herself in the sink, opening the refrigerator and looking for cheese, etc.) She has had a runny nose the last couple of weeks, but, while changing her one day, I realized she is getting three teeth (two are molars... our girls get teeth in weird stages), so that explains a lot. She has also grown two shoe sizes this summer and is as tall or taller than some of the children older than her in nursery. We have just thought she was so short for so long that it is shocking to see that she isn't. She and Boo play for hours (which is fun to watch and great when I need to do things) and she and her "sissy" (as she calls her) get along really well (except for when they fight. That isn't too often, however). They keep us happy :)

Other than regular life and it snowing for the first time on Saturday and it hasn't really stopped, life is well. The girls are enjoying watching the snowflakes and I am enjoying "fall." Well, as much fall as I get (it usually lasts about two weeks). I love the scents and the feel of autumn. For me it is a time of spices and soups and another time to realize how blessed we are. It's hard to believe we just celebrated our sixth anniversary and that our oldest child is turning four this month, but the world keeps turning whether you are ready for it or not. I just hope I am ready!

No comments: