I made this for David's mom (the girls call her Nona) for her birthday. I had never done the flowers before so it was kind of challenging, but fun.
Now this is what you get when you have left over frosting and flowers... a play dough cake. As I was frosting it I was laughing (I had left over cake mix because I made and white and chocolate cake for Nona's cake so I swirled them together and baked it). It looks like some one's preschool project... except much worse. David couldn't even look at it, and I noticed that the piece I gave him he ate in the dark. It really is completely unappetizing, but what can you do when this is all you have left??? As you can see there wasn't even enough to cover the whole thing.
This was Boo's fourth birthday cake (it was last week). I am putting it here since I am posting pictures of cakes. This only (ha ha) took me about five to five and a half hours to make. I am getting faster! Don't look too close into her eyes, you may end up doing things you don't want to do (like get sick). I tried to be symmetrical, but it just didn't happen. She was the hardest character cake to make (as you can see, I need more practice). Boo wanted a Belle cake since she is Belle for Halloween this year, but since I don't think I could free hand Belle (I don't even think it would end up looking like the Beast... maybe fungus or something on the bottom of a swamp), we decided for the princess theme and we went for Cinderella. Of course, I saw this cake pan when we were on vacation this summer and was sure they would have it up here. Um, no. In fact, I couldn't find it anywhere except for a whole lot of money online. I am telling you this to give a shout out to my dear mom for driving miles away (or for even driving somewhere for that matter... love you mom!!) to purchase this and then send it to me when I was all a wreck (You know, promise your child something and then you can't deliver... it was that kind of thing). So, THANK YOU MOM!!! I LOVE YOU!


No comments:
Post a Comment