I curled her hair the night before for the carnival and, when I took the bun out this morning, it was so cute and curly that I had to do the rest of her hair to match. The tiara was her idea. She picked it up last night. The girls and I also got matching Halloween shirts at Old Navy for 50% and these are it!
It's hard to believe she is growing UP! (or growning up as I noticed I just typed... that's how I feel... it's going all too fast!!!)Last night we went to the annual Fall Carnival at the church. Daddy couldn't go so I took one of my new friends who just moved up here from SoCal. The girls dressed up in their costumes and headed outside for a few minutes for Trunk or Treat, which up here should actually translate to "Hurry Up and Stick the Candy in my Bag Before I Turn into an Ice Sculpture Trunk or Treat." Or, "Let Me Get Into Your Trunk and You Give Me Treats." Either way, it goes fast because it is cold. Of course, even Boo started to freak out a bit over people's costumes. Once we were inside, Bo wasn't having any of it. She, not even knowing my friend, wrapped herself around poor Christine's leg and wouldn't let go until she picked her up. We have scared children, but I trust their instincts. Some of those people did look pretty scary! They participated in fun little events like fishing, hockey shooting, cake walk, bean bag toss, ring toss (that one was great because Boo just walked up and put them in the jar... one for the kid!), etc. We had a nice time, but after carrying little Bo around for an hour, Mommy and her tummy/back were ready to go. They got lots of nice candy, which Bo decided to open in the car and start stickifying everything, and had a good time seeing friends and playing games. There are always a ton of people there and it is always fun. Our friend made her 23 month old son into a can of worms (cardboard in a circle like a can around him, with rope holding it up, jagged lid attached to the back and socks with eyes and stuff hanging out of the can for worms), her husband was the fisherman with the pole and outfit and she (she's a few weeks more pregnant than I am... I am boring, I picked up a Halloween shirt at Old Navy for $2.50... can't make a costume for that unless I was trash) had "Hali" taped to her rear end. I thought it was pretty creative. It took me a while to catch on to what it meant (pregnant and I try not to look at people's posterior), but I finally got it. Anyway, fun night.
The Blonde Belle. My mom and I made this costume (my mom did the hard part like that fancy poofy thing) and I thought it turned out beautifully. But it could just be me!
The Belle and Cowgirl of the ball (Bo is a cowgirl, but you can't really tell too much in this picture. She wouldn't have anything to do with the cowgirl hat. Apparently it isn't in this season).
Contemplating crying or begging for candy.
You can see a little more of the costume here. This picture makes her skirt look really long.
Boo was waiting in line when this little gal grabbed her hand. They did have the lights turned out and could be considered scary, I guess. I just think little girls (most of them, not all) can be very loving and they just wanted to hold hands. Boo is never opposed to a good hand holding event.
She shoots, she misses! Poor girl, can't blame her too much, she is related to me "Ms. No Hand Eye Coordination Girl." Don't tell David I said that, he gets mad at me. It's just because he is in denial but, unfortunately it's the truth. You should see how long it takes me to type all this stuff up!
With yet another friend and princess. Boo is in the same class at church with her. This little gal was funny. She was giving Boo stuff out of her pumpkin so that she could take stuff out of Boo's pumpkin. You best believe I put the smack down on that one. No one messes with my baby! (I really do think I was nice about it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment