Saturday, April 28, 2007

Weather or Not

It has been nice here lately. It's been around 60 degrees for the past week and it has been really beautiful. This is t-shirt and shorts weather for us. Anyway, I woke up this morning to overcast skies and quite cooler temperatures. We went to playgroup at 11:00 am and it was really pretty cold. One gal brought her daughter in in full winter wear. While we were there, it started snowing (bizarre) and by the time we left two and a half hours later, it was about 55 degrees and nice outside. Bizarro!

Other than that, things have been good around here. Daddy is just getting ready for the end of the semester and the stresses that come. He also has a big BBQ tomorrow that he is putting on for work. One of Boo and Bo's aunties came home for the summer yesterday. She came over tonight with Nona. It was so good to see her. I know she is almost 19, but she seems so grown up! And she looks fantastic! Boo and Bo have been playing and dancing it up a lot lately. I am realizing that Boo knows the words to the songs I listen to a lot. That's been fun. She picks up so much and she has an incredible memory. I have to struggle to remember the things she is talking about! That's not saying much, however. Bo is doing great as well. She is just getting in those two bottom teeth, learning how to pull the chairs out from under the table so she can climb up on it and wrestling with her sister a lot. I have been good. I belong to a dinner group where we meet every other week and switch up the part of the meal we bring (main, side, dessert) so that has been fun. This week we had a Greek theme so I made something I can't even pronounce (I think it was called Bougatsa). I have never worked with phyllo dough or marscapone cheese before, but it turned out pretty good. It almost tasted like sweet, crunchy German pancakes (hey bro-in-low, do they have "German pancakes" in Berlin? You are the self proclaimed Jelly Doughnut, so I thought I would ask!)

Anyway, that's the weekly update (or the first update ever... I will try to be better... this is actually kind of fun because it is like a diary). I have no idea if anyone other than my mom and in-laws check this, but it is fun just the same. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lyns said...

You KNOW I'm checkin up on you and your family!! Don't even be frontin like you don't know!! I can't believe how much Boo looks like you!! Or is it Bo? Heck--they are both just cute as bugs!! YAY for summertime coming and you coming to play with LouLou and ME!!!

Bethany said...

And here's proof that you have an international non-family audience! Keep it up, it's always fun to see what you are up to... Bethwab-Cottonswab