So Boo had her first ballet recital on June 17th at an auditorium. It felt like the real deal because they were charging $10 a ticket. I guess it is not enough that you have to pay to have your child spin around the room, just like she does at home (it's worth it), but then you have to pay to watch them dance as well. I was asked to help out with her class at the recital so we didn't have to pay for my ticket. That's some good money for two gallons of gas!! Boo did beautifully. I watched her at her dress rehearsal. As soon as the lights came on she was all smiles. She looked so beautiful (not that I am bias or anything) up there in her little costume. She knew all of the moves and did so well (apparently she was paying attention whilst spinning). I had to hide my face as I started to cry. I can't believe my baby is old enough to be up on stage (of course, if it was up to her this would have happened YEARS ago. You should come to one of her "concerts" one time. I am shocked no one called the cops on us). She is just growing up so fast! I am so proud of her and can't believe she is my little princess. The night of the recital she did fantastic once again. It was fun watching people we go to church with doing their dance moves. The show was actually pretty entertaining. At the end of the night, little Miss Boo won an award for perfect attendance. She was so happy with her "ward" (it is a good sized medal). I am so grateful she was able to spend a year doing something that she loves and excelling at it (even though it didn't seem like it at times). She just got up there and did her little moves and looked adorable doing it. I couldn't be happier with my oldest child! I love you Boo!!
1 comment:
I love that girl! She looks so cute, like a beautiful ballerina! And I love her hair, one of the captions said her buns were crooked--I think you did a wonderful job!
Post a Comment