Monday, May 26, 2008

Roll On 18 Wheeler, Roll On

That's the Alabama in me comin' through, y'all. We used to listen to Alabama when we took road trips when I was a kid. I still love their old stuff.

David arrived safe and sound at my mom's tonight. It took them five days to drive down. They probably would have gotten there last night, but they chose instead to enjoy the sights and sounds of history downtown Butte, Montana. I have been to downtown Butte. I must say that other than the old brothel my dad thought would be fun to tour (it wasn't. It's an antique store now, but for a few bucks you can go tour the original beds. Why?), there is not a whole lot going on. They sure do love the fact that Lonesome Dove was filmed not too far from there. They had a fabulous picture of Ricky Shroeder up on the wall. I wonder if he would feel differently about his picture up in a brothel now that he is Mormon. Hmm... He, David that is, and his dad had a good time. They even had time to tour the Edmonton mall and see three movies. David made a really good point that sitting on your rear after you had been sitting for hours driving probably wasn't the best choice, but it made them happy. And, apparently, our car, Silver, took the abuse like a champ. He still has 600 plus miles to go, but she is a great one. I believe she will probably leave oil stains on our driveway one day. Thank you Toyota.

Things are pretty good here. We have been spending time with Nona, Cait, and Daiya lately. The girls really love spending time with them. I have been trying to pack up the odds and ends and decide if it is worth it to ship it or buy down there. I move at snail's pace anyway so it is extremely frustrating for me. Hopefully I can get it all done because I only have a week left! The girls are having a little bit of a difficult time (and when I say little bit, I mean little bit as in the Atlantic Ocean is a little bit...) without Daddy around. So is Mommy, btw. It's hard without David by my side (especially since our apartment is so small he is usually literally by my side). I miss you and love you like the dickens! We will be with you soon Daddy! (He doesn't read this anyway, but I just want him to know in case he does).

My friend, Christine, told me her sister is famous. She did a really great thing at a track meet recently. Check out this article when you get a chance. There is still some hope for the youth today!

Click here

I also found out another friend of mine, Tiffany, just got tickets to see the New Kid's concert in New York. It cost her $185 for two tickets. The better be swinging off their walkers for that kind of cash! Have fun Ti-fanny!

No comments: