It is insane around here! We are getting ready to move and I have basically gone nuts. I am having a hard time with this and it's not because we are leaving a place we have lived for three years (which is the longest we have lived anywhere during our marriage and, actually, the longest I have lived anywhere since my mom and I moved from Boise seven years ago). I am having a difficult time going through and getting rid of stuff and packing the boxes. I am trying to go through all of our junk to get rid of things we don't use/don't need. I have already gone through about 15 bags of trash and about six bags of donations, things to give away, etc. It has made me realize that I am a pack rat. Good grief! I think I have kept every receipt for the past four years. It's been an eye opening experience. I try to shred things every once in a while, but I have found that I have stuffed them everywhere (except the bathroom) including sock drawers, junk drawers, in my decorations, etc. We have since shredded everything... what a job! This move has helped me realize that I really need some organization skills and that, as soon as we move back in, I am going to do things very different. It's actually fun to think about, but the process of getting there is a pain! Where is my maid (Bethany! You lucky gal!) and personal assistant? Least to say it looks like a tornado has gone through our house, especially downstairs. It's driving all of us insane. I just want to leave and go far, far away from this place, but unfortunately, we need the stuff that is left here.
Other than moving, things are going pretty well around here. The girls have been pretty weirded out by all of the stuff in the living room and their room, but have turned to each other for comfort... or wrestling, but mostly the wrestling. Bo is back in her Barbie box and Boo is watching some strange Hello Kitty cartoon (I never knew they made cartoons about her. I am glad I just liked the toys, notepads, purses, etc. because this stuff is quite bizarre). The girls are finally sleeping in the same room together. Boo was really excited at first and Bo hated it. Times have changed. Bo is now sleeping just fine in her new digs. Once the novelty wore off (after the first night), Boo is trying to climb into bed with us. We have slept with her the past two nights because I don't want her crying and waking up the baby. It's frustrating, but since we are moving, I am not going to get too upset about it. It will be interesting to see what happens when we move into Grandpa's house. Daddy usually doesn't sleep when she sleeps with us and, when I do, it is usually on the edge of the bed or diagonally (it's strange to wake up and the bottom of the bed. I haven't done that since I was a child). Now I know why my mom didn't want me sleeping in the same bed as her when I got scared (since my dad worked at night). One small child can rule the entire bed.
Bo has another cold. I believe that is all this child knows. She has had them consistently her entire 15 months of life. I am hoping it is because she is getting two teeth (it looks like that at least). Her last cold required antibiotics because it turned into a sinus infection. I am hoping she will get over it soon. And, because we teach our girls to share, she has given the cold to me. I love it!
Oh, and for any of you that know anyone who has a pacemaker or defibrillator, don't let them hold an ipod over their device. I just read on MSN that ipods are causing pacemakers to record incorrect information and, in some instances, can cause the defibrillator to shock the heart when completely unnecessary. That is great information to know since David has both and was taking a nap with ours on his chest just last week! Thank heavens it didn't go off! So, if you know anyone with these devices, let them know.
Well, I believe I am going to end this and get back to the disaster that is my home, for now. David had a preinterview yesterday with a company in Portland for an environmental scientist position. She said he is a good candidate and is going to forward his resume to the human resources dept. That was kind of cool. We have heard a couple of positive things back from jobs he has applied to lately. I don't know what is going to happen, but we do have several backup plans up our sleeves. I just hope we don't have to fall back on the carnival plan... you know, carni's, circus folk. I guess there are worse things, such as dog food taste tester or almost every single job they show on Dirty Jobs (I just love Mike Rowe. Any guy that is an opera singer and will dig through trash and pick up dead chickens is very interesting in my book). Have a great day!
1 comment:
Mel, you're making me laugh! 'Carni folk'?! ;) HAhaa! Don't worry, animal food tester is just another talent waiting to be developed in us all ;)
This is Double A ron just in case you don't know who UNOHOO is....
Post a Comment