Let me tell you what... what you say? Can I get a what, what? Ok, latey makes me crazee. Especially since I stayed up late last night making banana bread for who knows what reason. It turned out loverly (I guess, people can say that to your face and then spit it out you know... I trust these folks though), but I paid for it in exhaustion bucks today.
Well, the move went swell-like. We got a lot of things into boxes and put a lot of things into trash bags. I told David it was our white trash luggage (pun intended). We even had some duct tape to seal the deal. It ended up being a lot of work. And what a mess. It was actually quite tragic that we were moving out, but so traumatic at move end that we didn't have time for emotions, if you know what I mean. At least I know where the computer and a few of my clothes are at at this moment in time. I feel like I have been wearing the same thing for the past week, but that's because I have been. At least there is a washing machine around! Boo and Bo's grandpa has been great in letting us stay with him. He is keeping us in shape as well. We have been running several times and I rode a bike for the first time since I was a sophomore in high school. Who knew turning around was so difficult, but when I almost had a pavement pie for dessert, it must be so for me. I am just a little behind. My dad told me that I couldn't ride my bike anymore when I was a teenager (many, many moons ago) unless I wore a helmet (now California law). I thought he was ridiculous and the thought of having head injuries was much more desirable then having helmet hair at that time, so I showed him who was boss and never rode my bike again. Way to stick it to the man! I was a complete idiot. As a result, I have had to go to years of counseling to rid myself of Schwinn-itis. Good grief, it is late! My point is that I stunk it up Pee Wee Herman style on the bike. However, I have improved. Because you know, practice makes bruises less black.
That being said... wait, what exactly have I said? Not much... that being typed at least, I realized and acknowledge my slack-style when it has come to the blog (as was pointed out by a dear friend... thanks. I guess in the immortal words of that oh-so-great-philosopher, the one and only Justin Timberlake, what goes around comes around Lynsey. I deserve the drag across the coals). I will try to be better, but no promises since we (that means husband and I) start work next week and well, let's face it, my attention span is about as long as a split end. Speaking of which...
I do have some quite exciting news. Well, not so much exciting as terrifying (you know, that red-alert kind), but then back down to yellow (wow, I am TIRED). Anyway, the girls were on Grandpa's trampoline the other day for the first time (or at least Bo's first time). All was going well until Boo decided she wanted to fly (or so she told me today) and jumped across the tramp, tripped, smashed her face into the metal, flipped off, landed on her face and neck with body behind her, and then flipped over again. Can I tell you it was a Pollyanna moment for me? I tried to keep my exterior calm, while my interior was screaming and crying. Thankfully Heavenly Father kept her safe and she wasn't paralyzed. It was horrible, awful and humbling. She did end up bleeding (I suppose from her ENORMOUS lip... watch out Angelina Jolie... if my kid gets hurt again... you just better watch out! She looked like she just got a collagen injection. She didn't even look like the same child) and chipping two teeth. The lip went down, the scrapes, cuts, and bruises are still around, but look better. We took her to the dentist today and he filed down her snaggleteeth down a bit. Her one tooth looks like a wave, but it will function. Now we just have to watch to make sure it doesn't turn black and fall out (promising). Hopefully that doesn't happen. But, in the end, she got a purple ring from the dentist and that's all she cares about or remembers.
Now that this is a mile long, I am going to go to bed. TTFN!

1 comment:
OH Mel, see we don't need drugs or booze, we're 'high' on life! Or at least I hope that's what your 'hi' on!
Thanks for the pix! They look great!
aaron
Post a Comment