Things have been going around here and not necessarily well, but not too horrible either. The girls are all sick and so am I. The only healthy one around here is Daddy. I had to take little iLyn to the doctor last week because she has had a nasty cough for several weeks. The doctor gave us (well, in gave I guess I should clarify that he is actually charging our insurance which, might actually charge us... fun times) a nebulizer to help her break up some of the junk. She has a love/hate relationship with that thing. One time she will be ripping it off her face and another time she will sit there like she is in her own little zone. Most of the time, however, she just hates it. It has helped, albeit very slowly, but she is getting better. She only got one other cold on top of this cough. I can't wait for my kids to get used to the germs here!! I could understand it if they went to daycare, but they don't. Arg! Moving on...The night we came back from Disneyland, the girls were trying, very diligently, to keep me in their room singing them songs, telling them stories, and the like. All I wanted to do was go to bed because I was completely exhausted. So, I had the brilliant (or personal revelation, you decide... usually brilliant and my name never appear in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence ;) to tell the girls that, when we met Tinkerbell, she gave me some pixie dust so that I could share it with them to help them have good dreams and dream about fairies and princesses and all things good and girly. I didn't realize this would turn out to be such a hit. Boo has only had a couple of bad dreams since. It has been incredible. Every night, I sprinkle their heads with "pixie dust" and it has been a bit of a miracle worker. They are much easier to put to bed. David thinks it is one of the best things I have come up with (I will allow myself to bask in the glory ;)
The other night, Boo came into our room around four in the morning. She walked over to my side of the bed and said very calmly, "Mommy, I need you to give me some pixie dust because I had a bad dream." I gladly sprinkled her head, walked her back to her room, and put her to bed. Not a tear was shed (which is very unusual for her). It was quite amazing for me. She was just so calm and all she wanted was some pixie dust.
So, now I think I will start selling the stuff to solve the world's problems, since it seems to have solved a lot of my own! Do you think I would get arrested if I sent an empty envelope to Washington that was full of invisible pixie dust? Probably. Or, maybe they would just make me walk the plank...
6 comments:
That Pixie Dust is genius!!
Kyoot! KYOOT!
That's a great idea and I'm so glad it is working. I love hearing creative solutions to parenting problems. I should make a list or something so that when my brain is fried I have something to fall back on.
I love the pixie dust idea. I'll have to see if that will work with my boys...
Pixie Dust is exactly what we need! I say send the envelope with some sparkly white powder in it. They would love it! :-)
This reminds me of Micky and her Fairy Lights we have hanging in her room. She truly believes in them. I love that kids can still be so innocent. Cute story!
Post a Comment