Friday, September 3, 2010

Getting My Act Together...

Miss Happy's First Day of School
Miss Happy and Little Lady at the carnival
Baby with a Sweet Potato Smile
Riding the Roller Coaster
So Happy!
Eating her 1st Birthday cupcake.
Not completely understanding...
...finally getting the hang of it!
I am the worst at this thing, seriously the worst.  I used to be really good, but then I discovered Facebook, started watching another child, and then had another baby.  It's nuts.  Anyway, I am really bad at this and will try to do better.  I used to do this only for the comments, but now I realize I want to do this to keep a history for my family.  Our girls do such funny, crazy, maddening things everyday and I need to keep a better record.  It doesn't have to be prolific, but it should be from the heart.  I don't really care about comments anymore (although they are fun to read) and, considering my baby is a year old and I just now put her picture up here, I don't expect anyone to read it anymore.  However, I should keep a record for them.  So, I say I will be better, for the one millionth time, and move on.  We have done so much in a year and I will try to remember them all, but for now, I will just leave it at an update... we are healthy and crazy, frustrated and happy, but all in all, we are a family and we are good (and also still alive, something I am grateful for everyday, especially being mentally alive)!

3 comments:

Britney Q. said...

I'll post comments! I love reading your blog! I hope to hear more soon, and I need to get my butt in gear and post something on my blog!

MortFamily said...

Seriously how can your kids be that big now! So tall! Oh man, times flies! Way to post! I wanted to see number four!

U-NO-HOO said...

Firstly, let's just applaud Mel for her blogging efforts! She's raising FIVE kids and is as tired and on the verge of insanity/burn out always! So thanks and Kudos to you, Mel for keeping the blog going. THANKS so much for the pix of my nieces! I love them so much and yes, I haven't 'seen' them in pix for a while, so it was SO FUN to 'see' them again! Let me just say that first pic with Haidan going to school...how can Haidan be old enough to be going to First Grade?!! WHAT?!! And same pic, HOW MUCH CUTER COULD Ilyn be?! Seriously, SO kyoot! Love my nieces, love living Ellie's first birthday and love seeing Annie smile! :) Thanks for doing this, I know it's a sacrifice of the few remaining non-worn out-brain cells you have left! Danke!