Saturday, September 4, 2010

Growing Pains

Favorite show in the 80s.  I was so in love with Kirk Cameron (was he named after Capt. Kirk?  That thought just occurred to me).  I had his pictures all over my closet doors (probably 200 of them) and I would kiss them all before I went to bed at night.  Pathetic, but so adolescent me.  I digress...

I am sitting here watching David throw the girls up over his head onto the couch.  This is a daily occurrence in our home.  We have a wrestling team in our family.  It's no wonder two of our girls act like bouncers.  David is amazing.  He can throw the girls around for hours, and they love every second of it.  I have never understood it (mostly because I can't do that).  I asked him today how he puts up with them basically beating him up (this was right after Little Lady kneed me in the hip on accident) and he said it's just pain.  I guess I just need to be Tonka tough!

Baby started saying "up" today.  It was a fun new discovery.  Around the middle of July, she had a whole list of words, for just one weekend (hi, buh-bye, and da-da).  She has not said them since, she just waves.  She has been walking for over a month now.  She has developed faster than our other three, but she is just as small or smaller than the others.  She doesn't look like she should be walking.  She is also louder than the other three combined.  I honestly never thought that would be humanly possible (if you know my kids at all), but girlfriend is loud.  I guess it just makes me appreciate quiet more.

Oh, and we started watching Lost two weeks ago.  I had never seen an episode of that show before last month.  It is seriously ruining my life.  We stay up late every night to watch it and we only just started the third season (there are six).  It is addicting and crazy.  I think I enjoy watching shows more when they go off the air because they seem more suspenseful when there are no commercials and you don't have to wait a week to find out what happens.  It's great and horrible all at the same time.  I am tired people, tired!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Lost... I was madly in love with Sayid the whole time the show was running. (Don't tell my husband!)

And "it's just pain." My husband says the same thing. I'm all, "yeah, and pain is BAD." I'm a pansy that way. :)