Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

There are few things in this world that bring me more joy than seeing my husband spending time with our little girls. I feel so blessed to have found "the one" and am so grateful that he is my one and only. David, you are such a wonderful and loving father. Our girls see their best friend when they look at you and I wouldn't have it any other way. You have sacrificed so much for our family and we are eternally grateful to you and for you. Thank you for choosing me and thank you for loving our girls. You mean the world to all of us and I know we don't tell you that enough. You are our best friend and we love you!!

Grandpa, thank you so much for all that you do. You have been such a wonderful example of generosity and love to our girls. Thank you for being willing to push around strollers and play dress up with the girls. They love and adore you and we think you are pretty great too ;) Thank you!

Aaron, I know that you are not their father, but you are a fantastic uncle. You are so willing to take them on walks and to the park. You may be far away, but they know you and love you. Thank you for being so loving and wanting to be a part of their lives. Thank you!

Pat, I didn't do anything for Mother's Day, so here is my opportunity... Thank you for being a loving and wonderful Nona :) The girls think you are the greatest and love spending time with you. They know that Nona is going to paint their nails and be silly with them. They love you and we do too. Your courage and strength are something I hope our girls inherit. Thank you!

Mom, I don't know if I tell you enough how much I love you. Thank you so much for all that you do for our family. You have been such a wonderful example of selflessness and I hope that someday we can be like you. Thank you for all that you do. We love you!!

Daddy, it's been a while. I miss you all the time, especially on days like this when all I want to do is run into your arms and have you squeeze me in one of your amazingly tight bear hugs. You taught me so much and I only wish I had half of your smarts. Thank you for loving me and working so hard so that I could have every thing I ever needed and wanted. I wish you were here, I wish you could have held my little girls and see how much of you they have running through their veins. But, despite all of this, I know that you are here. I know you are watching over me and guiding me (even though I mess up all the time, sorry). I am also grateful to have the knowledge that I will see you again some day. I miss you, Daddy, but I am so happy to have had all the time I did have with you. I love you!

Thank you to all of you who are parents and best friends to my girls and me. We are truly blessed because we know you and are lucky enough to be loved by you. Happy Day!

1 comment: