Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer, Summer, Summertime... Summertime!

Summer officially began two weeks ago, and of my enlarging list of things to do, I have been able to check off... none. Sadly for my list and me, I am actually enjoying the summer and leaving all of the work for the last minute. I don't know what is wrong with me, but if the word procrastination had a twin, it's name would be Megan. I have realized, for me at least, that laziness doesn't take breaks. Because if it did, I would almost pay for it to go on a month long excursion to the Amazon. I say almost because, honestly, I kind of enjoy it... sometimes.

So we are in full blown summer mode. I have been trying to work with Miss Happy for an hour a day so she doesn't forget all of the knowledge in her nogggin. She actually has not put up too much of a fight. She is trying harder than she did when she was in school. She has been cracking me up lately. We were sitting at the table the other night (and please don't take offense because I don't think my children have prejudice... except for animals and chores) and she made the funniest comment. "Someone in this family is different. Irelynne looks Chinese... kick her out!" Where do they come up with this stuff? She impressed me the other day by swimming at the pool (not far from me) without her life jacket. As ever, she has been very helpful and oh so loving.

Little Lady has been pretty good. She seems to be filled with a balloon of negativity sometimes, but we are trying to deflate that. She has been giving some of the greatest prayers I have ever heard lately. She is blessing everything and everyone and basically giving a summarized version of Genesis. It's quite good. A sub in her primary class said that she started to tell a story about Jesus and that Little Lady raised her hand and said that she knew the story. She proceeded to finish it for her (I hope it was the right story). Also, she was the only child (out of five) that got a lollipop yesterday for being reverent. Something is clicking in her... it's just clicking for other people ;)

Ilyn has been her regular self and into everything. She is presently eating an entire cup of ice. Is this normal? For her it is. This last week she figured out how to unlock a door from the outside. Great! She got some shots on Friday in her leg. She started dragging her leg around and crying, "I tan't walk." That lasted a few hours. We tend to have a flare for the dramatic in our home. Yet she survived and all is well. She begs to sleep with her sisters every night. She used to sleep on the floor next to them, but she has figured out how to infiltrate her way onto the bed. I few times I have heard a thump and realized she fell off the bed. As long as she didn't wake up, she must be fine.

Babe-E, as I will call her right now for lack of a better name, is doing great. She has been crawling for almost two months and has been pulling herself up on things for about a month. She is my human vacuum. That girl sticks everything in her mouth! It's awful for me because, as I said before, laziness is not on a break and so I have to get back into the swing of vacuuming every day. She is such a joy and so easy to get to sleep. She is the only one of my girls to suck on fingers (or a pacifier for that matter) and it has made my life so much easier. I imagine it will stink years down the road, but for right now when all of them are so young, it is awesome and I will not complain. Babe-E brings such joy and all of the girls love her to death... which is why I think she became mobile so young.

David and I have been well. He's still working and I am still pretending to do so. David was able to go to the Grand Canyon with his dad. They had a really great time. So far we have had some fun playing with friends and going to the pool. We are leaving this week to visit the fam and friends up north for a while, so that should be fun. I will do my best, however, before we go to get some pictures up on here and some video from Miss H's graduation. For now, however, I will be lazy and enjoy my day and my family.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

If you come my way, make sure to give me a call!