Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lazy Days, Months, Year...

I am not dead, although there are days when I feel like I could just be on the brink of being pushed off of a mental edge. Whoever thinks that being a stay at home mom is easy, well, come on over and take over my job for a day, I need a break.

That being said... I haven't been on here much lately, or at all. It's been a challenge with four little gals (and the little boy I watch) and I haven't been able to spend much time on the computer to do anything other than Facebook. Also, our two year old is such a busy body that I have to be in the room with her or she does stuff like this:

*pulls down and eats a chocolate cake
*eats Vaseline
*licks plug-in air fresheners
*eats three pieces of bread at a time
*scratches her sisters
*pulls all of the clothes, that I finally got folded and put away, out of the drawer
*steals food from anywhere and anyone
*pours entire bottles of soap in the sink
*gets my makeup out and gives herself a makeover
*puts coins in the baby's bed
*figures out how to open a pill bottle, dump them all over the place, and we have to spend five
hours in the emergency room because we can't figure out if she ate any or not

(noticing a trend here with the eating... girlfriend likes her food)

So, if you add a 10 month old who has been crawling and also likes to put things in her mouth, and an 18 month old boy who is just plain crazy and into everything, it makes for a serious lack of time and motivation to do anything but sit and pretend like the little brain I have left can recharge. Fortunately, two of my kids can get themselves dressed. Now if they could only do their hair and not have it look like they just walked off the set of Jerry Springer...

Fortunately, we did get a laptop so now I can travel around the house following said children. Unfortunately, our camera broke so we don't have too many recent pictures. However, I have a TON of old ones. We have had a lot of things happen, but we are doing well. We had a kindergarten graduation last week, so I will try to get those pictures and video up (Daddy didn't get to go because we had one child with bathroom problems and I didn't think parents would want to listen to her screaming about her bum hurting while their child was walking across the stage). I know I am actually the only one who will still be checking this thing, but at least it is something my girls can read later.

So, that is our life in the nuts-shell (that's on purpose). Hopefully I will be better, but don't count on it.

2 comments:

Britney Q. said...

Hey Megan, I still check blogs everyday, so keep 'em coming! Love your blog and your girls are so cute!

MortFamily said...

I'm glad you posted FINALLY. I want to see more pictures of the girls though!