Also, I will fill you all in on the happenings of our lives, as of late (thank you Kristina for asking, we are fine :) Since it has been a while, I will just make a list:
Miss Happy (Boo's new name): She has been doing great. My mom and I gave her a much needed haircut when she was here and it still looks pretty cute. It probably would have looked a whole lot cuter if a professional had done it, but we did okay. She has been having fun with her friends and is ever the busy body, wanting to be social as ever. I just found out she got into the school I wanted her to get in (we are doing charter school because the public school by our house is not very good). We are very excited because it is a small school, and from what we hear from people in the ward, a really great one. Plus, it is only five minutes from the house which is a plus. She is very excited for school next year (me, not so much... she is too big!). She is very much into science and loves learning new things (we read a plant book at bedtime the other night and learned about photosynthesis and cells. She was fascinated, her sister was asleep in minutes). She also had a doctor's appointment. (month's ago) and she is practically 90th percentile for height. Go girl!
Little Lady (Bo's new name): She is still the forever firecracker who challenges us everyday. She recently learned how to ride her little bike, but for whatever reason, decided that it is easier to just use her feet like Fred Flintstone. I don't know why, but that keeps her happy. She is under the impression that she will be going with Miss Happy to school next year. I guess I will let her stay under this illusion. She is extremely good with the little guy I watch and is excited for both him and iLyn to wake up in the morning. She is learning to make her bed and knows many of her letters. She LOVES Tinkerbell and wants to dream about her every night. She is also almost (almost in that she has had a few accidents) completely night time potty trained. I haven't had her in diapers at night for months (I am cheap and didn't want to buy any more). She also went to the doctor and we found out that she is 75th-90th percentile for height. And we always thought she was short ;)
iLyn: Where to begin with this little one. She has gone through some changes this year. She has gone from pulling herself across the floor (army crawl style) and just laying around, to being into everything. She pulls herself to standing, uses the furniture, cabinets, walls, people, etc. to walk along things. About three weeks ago she started to regular crawl (oddly enough). She was very, very fast with that slithering thing and didn't have much use for regular crawling, even though she could do it. She has also discovered the toilet and what fun (gag) it is to play in. We are usually very good with closing the doors since this discovery, but one day we weren't and she played in the toilet after one of my girls forgot to flush it. I didn't realize this until two hours later (I was putting in the laundry and didn't even know she went down stairs (hilarious to watch, by the way... she does the luge down the stairs on her stomach) because she came back up). I spent the entire morning on my knees praying that she wouldn't die (after her bath and the disinfecting, of course). David finally told me to call a nurse, which I did, and she proceeded to start laughing, as I was bawling, of course. She said she wasn't laughing at me, she was just thinking of all of the stuff her kids got into and that she was pretty sure she was going to be fine, which she was. Least to say, we have been on close the door detail religiously. She has also gone through quite a growth spurt. When we first took her too her doctor in December, her height was at the 5th percentile and her weight at the 10th. Now, in the last few months, she has jumped to 50th for both, so we are very pleased. All of that candy I have been feeding her has finally paid off! ;)
♥ Our family has been sick. The little boy I watch brought the stomach flu into our home last week (parents thought it was a reaction to his immunizations... my sick family would beg to differ), so we ended up being sick this entire last weekend. David, poor baby, got hit the hardest. Miss Happy, mentioned that iLyn was "our last hope." Too cute, wrong because she had been sick as well, but cute :)
♥ David had some tests Monday and Tuesday at work (yuck). Probably not the best thing that he was sick this weekend.
♥ The girls and I are going to be visiting Happy Valley for a little over a month in June for their aunt's wedding (congratulations :) so we would love to see those of you who will be there!
♥ It has been very difficult for me to keep up with blogging and commenting on people's blogs and emails and such because the only time I am on the computer during the week is when I am trying to get the little guy to sleep and it is quite a challenge to type one handed. I also cannot seem to stay away 8:30 at night during the week. I usually start to fall asleep reading the girls a story or two (they know how to get me to read more by telling me that they will brush my hair... I am a pushover). Therefore, blogging has fallen by the wayside. I will try harder :)
So that is an update on our family and the happenings around here. I am adding a few pictures to update you on the girls. I have birthday pictures to add, but they are taking much longer. I feel a slide show is in order. Hope you are all well!
2 comments:
Finally--stories and pictures of the girls. I notice that you didn't put any pictures of you in there. Thanks for letting me see my sweeties. Mom
Mel...THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THAAANNKK YOUUU!!
Fantastic!
1) I can't believe how much 'older' and grown ILyn looks!
2) Your house - I'm still SO happy for you guys!
3) Tea party - you're such a great Mom, Mel! So much fun (and story time...the best...)
4) I didn't realize peach blossoms are so beautiful!
5) You have a lime tree!
6) I am SO THOROUGHLY jazzed about Haidan getting into the school that you wanted for her! Poor Annie...it will be hard for her ;)
Post a Comment