Saturday, August 2, 2008

Angels at Broken Dawn

Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer came out early (12:01 am) Saturday morning. Unlike all of the cool people, I didn't have a party to go to so I decided to head over to Borders to try to get a copy of the book. Boy am I ever out of the loop. Apparently you had to pre-order the book (the only thing I pre-ordered when I was a teenager was Bop and Teen Beat... I didn't like to read, I just liked to drool on the pictures), then go get a number to wait in line to buy said pre-ordered book. I, being the completely old person that I am, did not pre-order the book or get there early to get a number. It took me a while to get the baby to bed (David would have done it, but he just doesn't have the skills... ;), so I didn't leave the house until 11:30 pm. I wasn't nervous to leave that late, but then David started talking to me about people being crazy and shooting people for no reason. I decided that this book just might be worth it (not really, but they are pretty fabulous). I arrived safe and sound to a complete madhouse. There were a TON of people there. Mostly teenage girls wearing "Team Edward" and "Bite Me" shirts. A couple of girls walked passed me wearing cardboard forks and the state of Washington around their necks (you would have to read the book to know what I am talking about.). It was more than slightly overwhelming. I stood in line to get my number to buy the book... Z 409. The Z meant you were a loser, apparently, and that you have to wait for all of the smart people to purchase their book first. The 409 meant, well, you can guess what it meant. It meant hours of waiting. I proceeded to pick up "The Host," which I still haven't read, and headed to the back of the store. I ended up reading and talking to some really nice moms while waiting. There were people over by me having debates over the books. Like I said, for me it was kind of crazy and overwhelming. One of the criteria for attending this event was they wanted you to dress up like the characters from the book and there were many who did... I guess. They wear normal clothes in the book so... However I did start to wonder about my own sanity when I noticed a group of teenagers dressed in Harry Potter costumes. Apparently they didn't get the memo that this is about vampires and werewolves, not wizards and witches. What sort of fantasy land are they living in, sheesh! I ended up sitting there for an hour and a half hanging out. They went through 400 pre-order people and were starting on the "z's" when I called David to tell him what was going on. He told me the baby never went to sleep and was hanging out with him. In the end, I left when they were on Z 57 and I still don't have the book, but I got to hang out with some weird kids and moms. If you have it and have read it PLEASE DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING... I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!! Your life depends on this!!! ;)

Enough of that, so today was interesting. Bo, in her goodness, decided this morning she wanted a shirt and proceeded to pull everything, and I mean everything, out of a five drawer dresser and dump it on the floor. Least to say, I wasn't very thrilled. In fact, I was pretty upset. But what can you do really, she is two and when you ask her to repeat what you told her not to do, she usually just nods. So she pulled it all out and I didn't have the energy to pick it up and I didn't have the patience to make me, I mean her, do it. Therefore, it was put in a pile of things to do tomorrow morning and the girls were put in bed. I later went to shut the door to the bathroom, when I looked inside their room. The girls had picked up all of the clothes and put them back into the drawers (have you ever seen a baked potato overflowing with toppings? That's what the drawers look like right now, but at least it is inside!!). I couldn't believe it! It was absolutely amazing, one of my proudest moments. Boo and Bo had cleaned up their room... and they did it for me. I am shedding a tear thinking about it. I am so proud of my girls. They are my little angels, devilish at times, but angels. For whatever reason, it is difficult for me to fathom that they even like me, let alone love me. It blew me away, and after an afternoon of crying with joy watching my little ones dance and sing in the living room, it absolutely warmed my heart. I love my girls!!

2 comments:

U-NO-HOO said...

Ahhh...what a kyoot story....and of course I mean the story involving my wonderful nieces, NOT the one about Eduardo ;)

MortFamily said...

That's so funny. I didn't go to the party here in Fairbanks. I wish I had. I just finished Breaking Dawn. It was GREAT! Loved it. You need to read the Host too. Funny story.