Whilst visiting
Bama in June we headed on over to the
Springville Art City Days to pay
homage to the men and women who delicately and safely (please!) put together some of the world's scariest rides. I don't know what it is about carnivals, but I always feel relieved when I come home alive. I think I have watched one to many Twilight Zones. I still love the Zipper, however. There is just something about spinning around as you spin around that brings joy to my heart and tickles to my tummy. Love it!
Anyway, we went to the carnival and met my lovely cousin Margie and her kids Ty, Mickey, and Drew. My girls were going crazy because they couldn't wait to see "the cousins." We had a fun time riding rides, eating some great food, hanging out on the
Springville Library steps for an hour, and changing one of the most horrible diapers in the world. Babies are messy, what can I say. It was a spectacular time. Hopefully we can attend more life threatening carnivals in the future!

I call this Mountain Through Ring of Fire.

That is some enthusiasm... or just wind.

The girls and
Bama.

She stared down the steely beast with her green eyes and fancy hair...

Holding hands with Mickey.

Ty bravely takes his seat.

They face the dragon and survived. Mickey had her hands up the whole time. Boo, well, not so much. It took her a couple of turns to warm up.

Bo decided she wanted to ride on the cars.

Impatiently waiting for it to start.


Ty was great. He saw little Bo on the ride alone so he came over to squish in the back with her. Thanks Ty!

Mickey and Boo.


Ty and Bo.



Ty helping Bo off of the ride. What a great kid!

This reminds me of Margie and me when we were little.

Riding the rails...

I love her little pom-pom ponytails.

Unfortunately for David, this is as close as I get to believing in aliens. Boo is wearing a green shirt. I guess that counts.


This is a very X-Files moment.


She looks more confused than amused.

Still cute to me.

Bliss at its finest!

This was a little more than slightly adorable. The kids were cheering Bo on as she rode her last ride.

As you can see, it worked!

Good job Nessy, our underwater ally!
1 comment:
I love the pictures. The one of Hayden and McKayla definitely reminds me of us at that age. Now if they only knew about the Dukes of Hazzard?...
Post a Comment