I had a strange experience today, one in which I am not used to having. I have been nervous for over a week now because the first paper of the semester was due last Wednesday and I still had not received a grade. It is always nerve racking, that first assignment, because most of the time you have to learn what your teacher or professor wants by default. Never a good situation. Plus, I had not written one thing the entire summer (thank goodness) and I had lost what little ability I mustered up last semester to write over the past few months. Least to say, it took me about 15 hours to write it. It was exhausting and painful.
So, today I had paper number two due (same professor) and I was still feeling the jitters from my last writing experience. I did, however, take a third of the time to write it. I wrote some this morning, played with the littles a bit in the afternoon, went back to writing, greeted the oldies, and continued to write. In the middle of all of this writing, I had a most unusual experience. I was informed that the grades were in and that one of the girls in my class had her paper in this little showcase area in the content section of our class. I found that a little strange that my professor should put that up the day the next one was due, but oh well. It took me forever to finally access my grade. I honestly don't understand what is going on with my computer today. I guess it has bee used far too many times today. Anyway, I was finally able to access my grade and I received full credit. To tell you the truth, I was kind of shocked. Then I found out that she had left me audio feedback about my paper. That is so bizarre to me... doesn't that just create more work? Anywho, she told me that I was a good writer and I was able to communicate and offer my opinion clearly (or something like that). For anyone who has read this blog, they know I have the brain of a two year old on a bad day. I am not much of a writer, but I think I will allow myself this compliment. I have now taken four classes and for whatever reason, each professor has told me I am good writer and that I have a good writing style. It has been overwhelming for me. I guess I am not much of a descriptive writer, however, if you have need of a lab report or an article review, I am your gal. My professor also asked if she could put my paper in the "showcase" section. Normally I would be extremely embarrassed (and I am), but I think I am going to allow myself to take this compliment. I don't actually tell this story to toot my own horn, I just want to be able to remember that I was once a pretty good writer. Not bad for a stay at home mom of four little ladies :)
No comments:
Post a Comment