Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Family Time

There are pictures, I promise ;)

Let me tell you about my weekend. It was all great fun hanging out with family until... Little Lady wandered off at my cousin's house. Can I just say it was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life? I couldn't believe my child was missing. It left me in a state of panic and shock. I constantly prayed and panicked. Thankfully, we were able to find her with the help of some pretty wonderfully teenagers and a great family who took her in and were about to call the police. She got confused and thought she was following her sister and her cousin and ended up down the next street. It was dark and there were a lot of kids and I assumed she was in the middle of them (because she usually stays put). I will have her on a leash from now on! That was the worst 20 minutes of my life. Thank you to all who helped!

I also went to a Blogger lunch. I was finally able to meet the famous Mrs. Pulsipher. She is hilarious and so nice :) I had a bit of celebrity shyness going on, but I did get to put a face to the Snuggie (okay, even I am starting to want one of those things, but only with bedazzles and embroidery). Good times had by all.

So, other than having my heart in my feet, not being able to breath, and following my child around like stalker, we have been doing pretty good. I have been sewing like crazy. I made two blouses, a slip, and a dress (I know, not much, but I don't really know what I am doing). I only have a quilt, two dresses, an outfit, two nightgowns, another slip, and two costumes left to go... and that is all I can think of right now. I am sure there is more, but my brain can only handle so much!

Oh, and the girls started swimming lessons. Little Lady and I have Mommy and Me lessons. It's kind of, well, geared toward younger kids or kids who are afraid of the water (aka, slightly lame). She is ready to jump out of my arms at any time. It's kind of hard wrestling with her in the water because she wants to swim and jump off of the side of the pool. She is doing very well putting her face in the water, however. That is my little trick to distract her long enough so that she will pay attention to what is going on. I technically think she could have been in the class with her older sister, but for now I just have to deal with her pushing on me to let her go and me holding her tighter so she doesn't drown. Fun times. Little Lady is on her own and she is so excited about everything she is able to do. She was ducking her head under the water yesterday and she kept yelling, "I did it!!" every time she came back up. She hugs her teacher, waves to the kids that are late in her class and says hello to everyone. She is just so happy to be there. I love it.

I also decided to add a few more pictures of the early days of our vacation (I don't think I can really call it a vacation anymore since it has been about a month... it's more like a live-cation). Anyway, since Uncle Aaron turned 22 at the end of May, we decided to head up to see some of our family and go see a baseball game. We had a great time visiting with the girls' great grandma (Granny) and great aunts and uncle. It was so lovely to spend time with them and see the girls with them. Here are a few pictures of our trip, plus a few extras :)

These two are the reason we came up. The wedding was wonderful. Julia looked breathtaking. She was so happy and relaxed. And her dress, well, I LOVED it. Aren't they adorable?





Little Lady with her Auntie Caiti.

The girls with Auntie Caiti, Grandpa, and Nona. I only wish we could have seen them more, darn week long fevers and colds!

On our way to Granny's and the game.

Aunt Kathy and the girls getting Aaron's cake ready.


Granny and iLyn.



There is always room for cake and ice cream!

Uncle Ray

Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Aaron.

Goofing around.




Granny and the girls.





Deep in conversation...

Three generations.

The girls and Aunt Suzanne going to the game. I got sick, so they took the girls to the game while I rested... with a restless one year old. I am so glad they were able to go.



She has loved to do this for years with necklaces.




* Yes, I do have one million pictures to upload, if you are wondering. I credit Aaron for these pictures.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm glad you at least talked to me! The Snuggie can be overwhelming. And you are so sweet and adorable.

Jillene said...

I am SO sad that I missed meeting you. )0:

I would have had a complete stroke if that happened to me. I am glad that you found her safe and sound!!

And you are right--there is ALWAYS room for cake and ice cream!!

Unknown said...

As I said on my blog, you looked like you were keeping it together pretty good. It was priceless when we found her and you picked her up like you would never let her go. It was a fun night, except for that. Swimming lessons sound great, I really should of put jay and syd in this year.

Kimberly said...

How scary to have your daughter run off like that!

I agree with you on the swimming lessons--the age range of 0-3 years is way too big and it means that the kids at either end are not really in the right class.

I'm impressed with your sewing! I have a list that long of projects but I only really expect to finish about 3 per year!